Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems performing CiscoWorks LMS 3.1

j.baez
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I had previous problems running Daemon Manager, I fixed up that problem already but now the problem is that whenever i want to configure anything within any module, then it shows errors about communication with DCR server or other engines and in some cases it says i have to run the license server.

I looked over the license server log and shows an error "Unable to launch JVM".

I also revised my services and all of them appear as started.

Any suugestions???

17 Replies 17

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the output of the pdshow command.

pdshow command uploaded.

looking for your answer...

thanks,

This is the pdshow script, not the output of the command.  I need to see the output of the command.

I'm sorry, how can i get that pdshow output?? i ran a search for getting that file you're asking for but the only one i found was that script.

From a DOS prompt, run the command:

pdshow > pdshow.txt

Then post the pdshow.txt file.

Now i'm posting the pdshow.txt requested...

Thanks,

There appears to be some serious problems with this server.  Post screenshots of your services control panel showing all services.

Here you are with the services screen shots. It seems like each service for the CiscoWorks application is working ok.

Sometimes i click on the processes link and then i realize that some engines and processes are shut down, then i start some of them but stop at the same moment or a few seconds later.

I posted the services screenshot. It seems like services from CiscoWorks are working.

When i look into processes window then it shows that some engines were shut down by the administrator then i start them but they stop right away or a few minutes later.

I posted the services screenshot. It seems like services from CiscoWorks are working.

When i look into processes window then it shows that some engines were shut down by the administrator then i start them but they stop right away or a few minutes later.

this is the second part of the services screenshtos you requested...

I'm posting another screenshot for the first process on the list. It's named 1002. I think it may help us find out what's going on

No, your services are misconfigured.  You have changed the startup types of all of the CiscoWorks services.  This breaks LMS.  You need to set the following services to Manual startup, then reboot:

CiscoWorks ANI database engine

CiscoWorks RME NG database engine

CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet engine

CiscoWorks Web Server

CWAWFEngine database engine

CWCS Cmf database engine

DFM dfmEpm database engine

DFM dfmInv database engine

DFM dfmFh database engine

OpxXMLRuntime

I configured the services as you requested and after that restarted the server tried to open the LMS portal but it shows "the page cannot be dispalyed" so revised services window page and noticed that the following services are down:

CiscoWorks ANI database engine

CiscoWorks RME NG database engine

CiscoWorks Web Server

CWAWFEngine database engine

CWCS Cmf database engine

DFM dfmEpm database engine

DFM dfmInv database engine

DFM dfmFh database engine

OpxXMLRuntime

only CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet engine appears as started...

aren't services supposed to start "automatically" eventhough they're set up as manual???

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: