cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

In-Service Software (IOS Image) upgrade of ME3400

atifirfan
Level 1
Level 1

I need a procedure to upgrade the IOS Image of ME3400 without any outage. i mean In-service Software upgrade.

Regards,

Atif Irfan

5 Replies 5

Laurent Aubert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Atif,

ME3400 doesn't support ISSU. Depending on where is the switch you may have a backup path available which would allow you to make the upgrade without disrupting the service.

HTH

Laurent.

Thanks for your reply, Laurent.

Do you have any document which provides you detailed procedure to how to upgrade ME3400, i have hundreds of ME3400 which need upgrade.

Can i do chunks of ME3400 simaltanously. i need a solution for this task, its really critical for me because most of the ME3400 has no any backup links because it is most cutomer facing UPE'S for our MPLS Cloud.

Looking forward to hear soon.

Regards

Atif Irfan...

Here is a link which describe the upgrade procedure: https://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/metro/me3400e/software/release/12.2_53_se/release/notes/OL21150.html#wp559616

You could upload the new version to all the switches during the day and do the reload during a maintenance window. I don't recommend rebooting all the switches at the same time.

Also Cisco Works if you are using it allows you to upgrade several devices at the same time.

HTH

Laurent.

Hello Atif,

after having followed the SW procedure suggested by Laurent you can use

reload at ?
  hh:mm  Time to reload (hh:mm)

to schedule reload at a different time on each switch

as noted by Laurent you can take advantage of cisco works to schedule a job with reload command

Hope to help

Giuseppe

islam.muhammad
Level 1
Level 1

Have you updated IOS on your ME 3400 ? if so, please provide the full details of upgrad, as I also need to upgrade my ME 3400 IOS.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: