Views
Helpful
Replies

Not getting IP address through Bridged Network

jeff.margel
Level 1
Level 1

Here is the layout of my network.

Main office has wireless network (SSID: 101)

I have two WET200s, one in the main office, one in the garage next to the building.  I have the SSID as: 101Bridge

I have one WAP200 in the Garage with the SSID as: 101APGarage

The main office wireless network works fine, as does the WAP200 when I try it out inside the main office.

When I put the WAP200 in the Garage it connects but I am not getting an IP address.

I can connect to both the WET200s through my web interface, from my main office.  So I then know the bridge is working (I can access the WET200 from my main office, as well as the WAP200).

Why am I not getting an IP address when I use a wireless laptop in the garage?

2 Replies 2

jeff.margel
Level 1
Level 1

I tried changing the default gateway from my cable modem to the ip address of the garage's wap200, still nothing.  Even with different AP I still get the same result so it's something to do with the bridge.

More info.  I put a wired switch behind the bridge in the garage.  Connected a laptop to it, still it didn't work UNTIL I changed the secondary DNS on the bridges to point to my ISP DNS server.

I then tried it wirelessly and still no luck.  I am not getting an IP address from an AP that is behind a wireless bridge.  What am I doing wrong?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card