cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Emergency Responder 7.1 Licensing

Jason Aarons
Level 6
Level 6

Remind me do the SW-ER-7.1-7845-K9 licenses get hosted one to pub and one to sub mac address?  I’m still not clear on that and I have another install next week. You can't even login to CERAdmin on Subscriber to install a license, it just give a URL link to Publisher.

Is there a URL that explains failover licensing with CER?

Do both servers need the same number of KEY-ER7.X-XXX= ? Even if one is a subscriber and do subscriber licenses use subscriber mac, etc?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

CER will only allow you to log into the active server.  If your CER publisher is active, you won't be able to log into the subscriber.

Don't confuse the logon server with the server you tried to take action on.

For example, you may log onto a CUCM publisher and start/stop the services on subscriber.  You don't have to log onto the CM subscriber to do that.

Same for the CER, you don't have to log onto the sub to license the sub.  All you need to do is to choose sub from the drop-down menu when you upload the license.  Of course, that license should have sub's MAC address.

Hope this helps.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

htluo
Level 9
Level 9

CER will only allow you to log into the active server.  If your CER publisher is active, you won't be able to log into the subscriber.

Don't confuse the logon server with the server you tried to take action on.

For example, you may log onto a CUCM publisher and start/stop the services on subscriber.  You don't have to log onto the CM subscriber to do that.

Same for the CER, you don't have to log onto the sub to license the sub.  All you need to do is to choose sub from the drop-down menu when you upload the license.  Of course, that license should have sub's MAC address.

Hope this helps.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

That was it..that drop down box on left I didn't correlate to the Upload License on the right side. So until CER 8.0 seperate MAC for each SW-ER-7.1-7845-K9

This stumped Cisco Licensing and Cisco TAC. I spent 2 hours on a TAC case trying to figure it out..-jason

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jason,

Just to add a note to the great info from Michael (+5 "M")

Determining Your License Requirements

For server licenses:

•Order two server licenses for each server in a Cisco ER group: one server license for the primary (Publisher) server and a separate server license for the secondary (Subscriber) server.

•You cannot share a server license between the Publisher server and the Subscriber server.

For user licenses:

•Order one user license for each Cisco ER group.

•User licenses can be shared between Publisher and Subscriber servers within each Cisco ER group. This includes both implicit 100-user licenses that are provided by the primary and secondary server license.

•You cannot share Cisco ER user licenses between different Cisco ER groups in a Cisco ER cluster, or between different Cisco ER clusters. (See the "Understanding Cisco Emergency Responder Clusters and Groups" section for more information on clusters.)

Example

If your Cisco ER configuration supports 500 users, you need to purchase:

•One service license for your Cisco ER Publisher server; this license also provides for 100 users

•One service license for your Cisco ER Subscriber server; this license provides for another 100 users.

•Three additional user licenses for 100 users each.
Uploading License Files

You can upload license files to the Cisco ER servers using the Cisco ER Administration web interface. All license files are uploaded to the Publisher server when it is up and running. If the publisher server is down, you can upload the license files to the subscriber. To upload license files, follow these steps:

Procedure

Step 1 Log in to the Cisco ER Administration website.

Step 2 Select System > License Manager. The License Manager page appears.

Step 3 In the Details of Cisco ER Licenses section, select the server to which you will upload the license file from the pull-down menu.

Step 4 Click Upload license. The Upload File page appears.

Step 5 Use the Browse... button to select the license file to upload from your local system.

Step 6 Click Upload. The selected license file is uploaded to the Cisco ER server.

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/7_0/english/administration/guide/e911plan.html#wp1044906

Upload license button

Allows you to upload a license file to the server selected in the drop-down menu.

Note You must purchase seperate license files for the publisher and subscriber servers, but you can upload both the publisher and subscriber license files with the Cisco Emergency Administration web page on the publisher server.

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cer/7_0/english/administration/guide/e911page.html#wpxref15601

Cheers!

Rob

Rob, +5 for you.

Mike, ditto.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

On a similar licensing question, if I want to do ERL location ID by subnet, the CER pulls information from the UCM for phones.  Is there anyway to have the CER NOT allocate a license for all phones in the UCM?  I only want a subset of phones using CER.  If we do ERL location ID by switch, are the phones discovered the same way (ie, from UCM) and I'll have the same trouble?  I only want the CER to work with 300 of 600 phones because of location and other reasons.