Views
Helpful
Replies

ICM CallRouter Question

mohamed-gheta
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I would like to restart ICM CallRouter 7.2.7, it is duplexed, as there is no synchronization between them

My question is, do I restart the routers only or should I compain this restarting loggers, HDS, PGs........?

Also, is there a procedure to keep the account working during this downtime, for example shutdown the services of RouterA and keeping RouterB? or the account will face a problem

Appreciate your help as usual,

Regards,

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

mohamed-gheta wrote:

it is duplexed, as there is no synchronization between them

What do you mean by that? If you have a duplexed Router pair they will be synchronized - if you have configured them correctly.

If you have made an error and the Routers are not correctly synchronized, you must shut down the whole system and fix that. You will need some sort of carrier-based default routing or gateway-based default routing during the maintenance window.

If you have misspoken and the Routers are synchronized, then you can shutdown Router A and the call center will continue with no issues.

Can you please restate exactly what you are trying to do?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Goeff,

Thanks so much for usual supprt

Really I have a problem with number of trunks I get from Avaya side through AES after ICM switch went down, we doubt that the router no synch anymore

We have integration with Avaya through AES and RTA, and Cisco PG

We restarted the routers today, but we still have the same issue, but of course we getting the number of trunks from Avaya AES (Avaya CTI) as based on the number of idle trunks we make intelligent routing

Right now, I want to ask you, you have idea about how to get the input data which come to router from another vendor, like Avaya........? to make sure that I receive the trunks info correctly

Appreciate your usual support and sorry for inconvenience

Regards,

Mohamed

Hi All,

The problem is resolved after removing a patch previously installed by Cisco which affects only the IP trunk reported from Avaya side to ICM

Regards,

Mohamed Gheta

Glad to hear it was resolved and thanks for posting the solution, however can you go into more details on what the patch was for?  Was it an SR or an ES?  Do you have a patch version?

Thank you,

david

Hi David,

The patch for preventing the Avaya PG to crash, the patch vesion is ICM7.2.7_ET68.exe, in fact after Avaya upgraded their AES the PG bacame stable

We get back to the date and time with the occurance of the issue, IP trunks not same, we found it was during the ptach installation, as it was so strange issue

As the PG bacome stable with Avaya upgrade, we removed the patch, the IP trunks now reported correctly,

Please let me know if you need further info,

Have a nice day,

Regards,

Mohamed

Thank you very much for coming back and posting the ES details and your analysis. This is what really makes our forum valuable.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: