cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Place Multiple Calls with IPCC Script

n_duncanson
Level 1
Level 1

I am attempting to place multiple simultaneous calls with an IPCC script. The only method I can think of to do this is some sort of multithreading. Is there anyone who can think of another method to do this? Or who could possibly give me an example how I could implement multithreading to accomplish it in the expression editor? Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You cannot, but you can run multiple simultaneous scripts at once.

Trigger Application Step, and set Synchronous = false, rinse and repeat as necessary    

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

How would you do multithreading?

david

You cannot, but you can run multiple simultaneous scripts at once.

Trigger Application Step, and set Synchronous = false, rinse and repeat as necessary    

Bill Brown
Level 1
Level 1

Use the Place Call command to call the trigger multiple times.  I use this to avoid the JTAPI 1000 lines of execution error.  I call customers and tell them to expect a fax, unless they refuse it, in the next 5 minutes.  When I've sent out like 50 faxes from the database I will use the place call to recall my script then I exit the current one.  You could simply call your trigger the number of lines you wish to tie up.  I'd screen the script at the beginning to say if I didn't come from this route point, don't call multiple or you could have the script ask you to input the number of lines you'd like to use.  You will have to set the trigger as not being handled right at the beginning of the script on a hang up event so that it doesn't exit.  If you are wanting to play a message to those called, remember to change the media channel.

How do you set up the trigger so as to not be handled?

On Exception (ContactInactiveException) Goto Start

Play Prompt (--Triggering Contact--),p[hangupnow.wav])

Delay 5 sec

Terminate (--Triggering Contact--)

Start:

Clear Exception (ContactInactiveException)

Set Contact Info (--Trigger Contact--)

Language:     strLanguage

Handled:

Session:       strSession

Above should help out; the strLanguage and strSession are populated from a get contact info step.  I've not touched this script in awhile, but for some reason I set the session id to null.

As for how I hold the line open after the calling party is terminated.  I'm basically waiting for an error to happen, either by the user hanging up or by the 5 seconds expiring then saying that it has not been handled.

Another suggestion, I put a delay of 2 seconds after excepting a contact in the front of all my scripts to make sure the phone system has the call. So when I place a call; I give at least 5 secounds before releasing the line and terminating the prior script.  Hope I have been helpful.

Thanks for your help. I ended up using the Trigger Application step to accomplish what I needed, though I tried your method first and it worked as well. Thanks!

I learned something new today too.  We are still in the lab with 7.1 and in production with 4.3.  The older version did not have a trigger application step.  I'll have to play with this step in the lab and see the what benefits I can get out of it.

The triggered App gets it's own max steps.  So you retain that benefit.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: