cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Local Directory inbound lookup failure

kevin0neill
Level 1
Level 1

Inbound caller IDs all miss the leading zero. This seems to cause the name lookup to fail in the local directory. If I change the local directory number to reflect the missing 0 then names are displayed on the phones for inbound calls. If I change the directory number to have a leading 0 or even a leading 90 then only the number is displayed on the phones for inbound calls. By the way, the caller ID displayed on the phone is always missing the leading 0. How do I configure my UC520 to be able to use the local directory for inbound as well as outbound calls?

3 Replies 3

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Changing the calling number should work.  Can you provide your config so that I can see where the problem might be coming from?

Hi Steven

Thanks for replying. Config attached.

After reading a posting by John Platts, I fixed my problem by adding a suggested extra voice translation-rule 100 CLI addition required to align directory numbers and missed and received call numbers by adding 90 to all incoming caller IDs: voice translation-rule 100 rule 1 /^/ /90/ ! voice translation-profile BasicConnectALL_Called_12 translate calling 100 translate called 12 ! voice translation-profile BasicConnectALL_Called_15 translate calling 100 translate called 15 ! voice translation-profile MainNumber-AA_Called_10 translate calling 100 translate called 10 Thank you once again to John.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: