cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Extension Mobility Device Service Rollout Question???

Charlie Mayes
Level 1
Level 1

I want to rollout extension mobility out to the entire company. How do I go about Enabling the Phone for Extension Mobility and and Subscribing 1000 phones to the the Extension Mobility Service? Also will this require rebooting the phones?

6 Replies 6

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Question for you on strategy here:

You want to rollout EM to the entire company.  So, you want to enable the phone for EM but not subscribe all phones to the EM service?  In other words, you can set the default logout profile on the main device level page; however, without the service subscription - users will not be able to login to EM.  So, are you restricting EM login to certain phones or is there confusion on the two settings related to EM on the phone.  Things like service service subscription and such can be done in BAT (assuming 6x and up) and, if my memory serves me correctly does not require a hard reset, but I typically add in a restart to be safe...so, with a 1000 phones you may want to work on this later in the day or post-business hours.

Also, make sure you enable each user profile with the EM service subscription as well.  Otherwise, users will login but will not be able to logout once their profile takes over the phone.

Yes this is for a Call Manager 6.X environment. I do want every phone to be available for a user with a vaild EM profile to log in using any phone. I do not want to create profiles for the whole company at this time.

You need to ALWAYS mention what version you're running.

If you're running 7.1 just create the EM service and check the enterprise subscription option, then use BAT to enable EM on phones.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Yes this is for a Call Manager 6.X environment. I do want every phone to be available for a user with a vaild EM profile to log in using any phone. I do not want to create profiles for the whole company at this time.

Ok, I misread your previous thread.  Set the default logout profile and subscribe all phones to EM.  You can do this via BAT.  Don't forget to set the appropriate EM service parameters such as auto-logout and etc.  Create only the profiles you need and subscribe them to EM as well.

FYI - 6x has displayed some quirks when subscribing large amounts of phones to a service (i.e., multiple subscriptions to the same service during one BAT action).  I've seen it a few times but in very large environments - much larger than a 1000.  But just an FYI.

Hey dhailey13 ,

I will do it in my lab first to make sure I do not down the phones for the entire company. I will make sure to do a backup of the pub first. Thanks.