cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Dial an extension to a phone registered to SRST router?

ryabutler
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question about how the following setup is suppose to work

We are running Cisco UCM6 that is used for sites across a WAN.  The remote site routers are connected into the WAN and a PSTN including enabled for SRST.

So, when the WAN fails the phones are registered with it's local router and is able to place and recieve calls from it's local PRI.  Plus they can call users at other sites by dialing the user's extension.

Great!  I understand that completely.  Until this next part ...

But, Phones that are still registered to the UCM server who wants to dial a phone at remote sites running to SRST ... and still using it's extension.

For example,

Let's say we are dialing a phone at "remote site A".  The phone we are dialing is at extension 3010.  So we dial 3010 of coarse.

When remote site "A" is down and that site is operating in SRST how does the dialing work now.

Can we still dial 3010?

I'm asking because this is what we have setup and this is working, but I don't see where or how that can be configured.  BTW there are no translation patterns configured!

Can someone explain how this works and how (if any) this can be setup?

Thank you in advanced!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It's just like enabling CFNA or CFB (it's in the same part of the DN page), just configure the phone you want to dial and it'll work when the phone unregisters.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you are using Regions and Locations with CAC, then you should be able to configure AAR.   This would be used for a trigger when the pipe is full or unavailable, the call is rerouted to PSTN.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_1_2/ccmcfg/b03aar.html

Someone can correct me if Im wrong here.. but I think AAR will cover this.

Hey Tommer

AAR won't do it, AAR only kicks in when the location BW is exhausted, it does not detect if the WAN is down.

CUCM has a CFUR setting that you can use to make the phones in CUCM dial normally and then CFUR configured with the whole PSTN number they can be reached.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks for the correction Java.

Where can I find info on CFUR?     I wasnt sure if AAR could also do trigger with an unregistered site.

No worries. AAR is a congestion method, not a failover method. The only circumstance for AAR to work is when the BW is not enough to make a call and then it's rerouted over the PSTN. But if the phones are not even registered you cannot exhaust the BW.

CFUR is Call Forward UnRegistered, it should be under DN config in CCM 4.2/4.3 and CUCM 6.X and above

Since the phones will unregister from CUCM and be in SRST you can put the PSTN number for those phones and it will automatically dial (as long as CSS and PSTN access is permitted for CFUR)

HTH

java

HTH

java

ahhh.. yeah. I knew CFUR... too many acronyms.  I didnt put two and two together.   More coffee!

Thanks Java

Ah it's because of CFUR.

Where is this option enabled on Cisco UCM6?

Or is it enabled by default and no other configuration is needed?

Thanks you for the fast response!

It's just like enabling CFNA or CFB (it's in the same part of the DN page), just configure the phone you want to dial and it'll work when the phone unregisters.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: