cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Switch Stacking with Metro 3750's

maumand
Level 1
Level 1

I am having a difficult time finding the correct IOS version to run on two Metro DC powered 3750's. I would like to set up switch stacking between the two switches and have already purchased the correct Cisco issued cables to do show. However I can not find the correct IOS that has the switch comand active in it which appears to be necessary to set up stacking. Any help determining the correct IOS to implement would be graetly appreciated!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is for the regular 3750, not the Metro series.

HTH,

jerry

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am not sure where you get the impression the ME3750 supports stacking. According from the Q&A, stacking is not supported

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/switches/ps5718/ps5532/prod_qas09186a00801eb822.html

Q. Can Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Series Switches stack with the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series, Cisco Catalyst 3550 Series, or Cisco Catalyst 2950 Series Switches?
A. No. At this time, the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Series does not include StackWise stacking capability and cannot stack with other Cisco Catalyst 3750 Series Switches. The Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Series does contain StackWise stack ports, but they are not supported.
Q. Does the Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Series have Cisco StackWise technology?
A. Yes. The Cisco Catalyst 3750 Metro Series does have Cisco StackWise technology, but there is no plan to support this feature.

HTH,

jerry

According to the following cisco web page it supports stacking, as a matter of fact all of the examples

show a 3750 as the example box:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps5023/products_configuration_example09186a00807811ad.shtml

This is for the regular 3750, not the Metro series.

HTH,

jerry

Thanks!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card