CUCM:  6.1.4.1190-3
CVP:  7.0(2) ES16, ES 19 and ES21
ICM:  7.5(5)
3845 SIP/VXML GW: version 12.4(24)T2

Scripts Microapps, VRU-> CVP

Script example is

Run External Script:           Menu 1

CED:                                             Option 1, 2, 3

2 invalid, 2 repeats, release the call.

Run External Script:          Menu 2

CED:                                 Option 1, 2,3

2 invalid, 2 repeats, go back to menu 1.

I'm having failures on the following test:

Listen to menu 1 and pressed 1

Listen to menu 2 and didn't press anything

Listen to the message: "Please make a selection"

Listen to menu 2 and didn't press anything

DIDN't GO BACK TO MENU 1 as expected.

Went to Option 1 on Menu 2.

Is like ICM is keeping the first selected CED if you don't press anything else.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Any suggesitons?

Thank you!

I have attached the script

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
david.macias Tue, 02/16/2010 - 16:28

Yes, this is a known issue.  Do a search on the forums for people reporting the exact same behavior.

david

Agreed.

I've had other interesting behaviour with CED, so it pays to be careful.

For example, getting the caller entered digits (in my case, the extension to be dialed as I had to build an AA in CVP), testing that the CED was within a certain range, then having a PM saying "connecting" go to a dynamic label which used the CED to transfer - sounds right and simple enough.

But the "connecting" PM means that the CED is no longer there for the label to use. The play media microapp clears the CED - actually it return an empty string. You wouldn't think a play media would need to gather digits.

Had to use an intermediate variable.

Regards,

Geoff

david.macias Tue, 02/16/2010 - 17:45

Geoff,

You genius, that should solve the OP's problem.  He just needs to do a 1 second PM between menu1 and menu2 and presto!

david

While that may have the desired effect, it may destroy the  "type-ahead" ability of the pair of micro-apps.

To be able to enter a fast "12" at the first prompt and have the system automatically carry the "2" into the second micro-app connected to the "1" path, choosing the path for option 2 in the second micro-app is very desirable and works correctly.

Losing that is more of a loss than correcting the anomaly. I must say that I haven't tried the original posters problem; although I have never tied the "no entry" exit to go back to the first menu in such an arrangement.

Regards,

Geoff

david.macias Wed, 02/17/2010 - 06:05

I agree with the I've never done a no entry which goes back up a level.  Usually star goes back a level while no entry repeats the current menu.

However, I would be curious to see if a .1 second PM would actually catch most if not all dial ahead callers.

If I have some time, I'll test it out in the lab and let you guys know.

david

Actions

This Discussion