CCX Redirect CSS Revisited

Unanswered Question
Feb 16th, 2010

I know there are plenty of netpro discussions on this particular topic, but I wanted to get a feel for any changes that may be on the horizon.  The issue, in short, is that CTI Ports on a UCCX system must be in a partition that is visible (directly or indirectly via translations) from the original calling party CSS.  This is because there is (was) no support for specifying a Redirect CSS in the JTAPI Route Request when the CCX identified the CTI port that should handle an ingress call to a CCX application.

Since UCCX 4.0 the web interface in CRS admin has had a parameter that would lead one to believe that you could control the CSS used for the redirection to the CTI port.  But, alas it didn't work in 4.x, 5.x, 6.x, and from what I have read it still may not be available in 7.x (though, I have not tested).  I believe (but am not positive) that this "feature" is logged as a defect with the ID of CSCsr83511.  According to the defect, the issue is resolved in 8.0.  I received my beta 8.0 pack and plan to test when time permits.

I think that most people understand why one would want this feature so I won't go into that.  I am just checking in to see if somebody has found a method where the call originator's CSS does not require direct (or indirect) visibility of the CTI port.  Has anything changed in CUCM 7.1.3 and/or CRS 7.0 that may resolve this issue or is it truly an 8.0 fix?  One of the reasons I ask is this "defect" is an eye sore on an otherwise well designed dial plan.  Another reason is that I believe I have seen this bug listed as resolved with a "7.0" "first fixed in version" in the past.  But maybe I was imagining things.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Bill

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Ryan LaFountain Mon, 03/08/2010 - 14:35

Hi,

I am actually the one that filed CSCsr83511. It is fixed in UCCX 8.0(1). The UI now gives a dropdown that sets the parameter in the RedirectRequest to either be the redirecting party's CSS or the calling party's CSS.

As of now there are no plans to integrate it into versions before 8.0(1) as the change was in UI and in some underpinning call control code some of which was all changed in 8.0(1) anyway.

Actions

This Discussion