cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can SPA9xx phones behind SPA9000 have dedicated SIP lines

1stphonesource
Level 1
Level 1

I have a SPA9000, 1-SPA962 and 1-SPA941.

I have one SIP line programmed on the SPA9000 as line 1, which is my main line.

I have a different SIP provider programmed as line 2, which serves as my fax line.

Can I add a third SIP line to each phone to be used as a dedicated line to that phone?

In other words, can each phone have a dedicated SIP line, with a different phone number to be used as a private line?

If so, how do you program it?

I have tried to do this since I currently have 3 SIP lines, the main number is from one SIP provider and the fax and other line I am trying to program on the SPA962 as a private line, but I cannot get it to work.  I can receive and put on hold, but I can not call out.  I just get a fast busy (reorder) tone.

I have been trying to make this work for 4 days now!  Help!

3 Replies 3

1stphonesource
Level 1
Level 1

Correction:

Main line is from one SIP provider

Fax and 3rd line are both from a different SIP provider

yes they can i do it by registering a sip trunk to one of the lines then i use the contact list on that line to specify what extensions get a specific did for outboud and inbound call routing

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear sir;

If you are able to register, receive and put on hold, this looks like an issue of the dial plan.

I assume you configured directly the account on the phone, please send me

(1) The dial plan of the phone line where you configured the second line

(2) The number(s) you are trying to dial

Regards
Alberto

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: