Cisco Ap getting Contained

Unanswered Question
Feb 16th, 2010
User Badges:

Hi

I am seeing the following error when i connected cisco Ap to the network using Wireless lan controller.I am using latest code  6.0.82 .

""Warning: Our AP with Base Radio MAC 00:1e:7a:18:6b:10 is under attack (contained) by another AP on radio type 802.11b/g.""

Also In this network they have 3com accesspoint and controller.I am sure our accesspoint is getting contained by the 3com accesspoint.

How can we resolve this issue.

Thanks and regards

Danish Ahammed

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
kentislander Mon, 02/22/2010 - 07:08
User Badges:

I am seeing same things -

AP 'hmb-s494a-ap' is being contained. This is due to rogue device spoofing AP 'hmb-s494a-ap' BSSID or targetting AP 'hmb-s494a-ap' BSSID. - Controller Name: WISM9-CAH-PRI-1

We have 4 - WiSM and 4 4404 Controllers.   All 8 controllers have same mobility group - GU    All controllers are seeing each other.

I was told that solution to this problems was to make sure that are controllers are on same mobility group.

Is there other suggestion??

Allen

Leo Laohoo Mon, 02/22/2010 - 14:00
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

I know the 4.X and 5.X firmwares of the WLC has a number of unresolved bugs where the WLC can classify it's own AP as a honeypot.

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics: Other Wireless Mobility

client could not be authenticated
Network Analysis Module (NAM) Products
Cisco 6500 nam
reason 440 driver failure
Cisco password cracker
Cisco Wireless mode