cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DCR Server is down or inaccessible error message??

jackymasibo
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

AM trying to start a devices discovery process but it keeps bringing this error '' error in comunicating with DCR server please start the DCR server and then refresh the page" but when i check the DCR server its running normally.i have tried to stop and start it again but its showing the same error message. am using CiscoWorks LMS 3.1. anyone with an idea on what am supposed to do i will really appreciate.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Are you saying you used the script now, and it fixed this problem, or are you saying you have used the script, but the problem perists?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Was the hostname of this server changed?  Does the server have any DHCP interfaces?

Hi,

the hostname of this server was changed sometimes back but its yesterday that i tried to run device discovery process and other processes but apparently it seems like i cant start any process it has to bring an error message.

i had changed the hostname of the server  using Ciscoworks Server hostname change script.

Thanks for your support.

Jacky

Are you saying you used the script now, and it fixed this problem, or are you saying you have used the script, but the problem perists?

Hi Jclarke ,

yes I had used the script some time back  and it worked well. but anyway yesterday i tried to restart that LMS server and surprisingly everything started working well again. i was able to do device discovery and perfom other tasks without any  problems.

Thanks for your support.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: