ICM 7.5 installation fails

Answered Question
Feb 17th, 2010

Hi,

I'm trying to setup ICM7.5 (Sprawler) in our Lab.
I have installed all the pre-requisites ( Win 2003 , SQL 2005 +sp2 , created domain etc) as per the staging guide.

I have Installed Router first and when i try to install Logger receiving the attached error.

Problem is with creating the service accounts. I choose setup creates service accounts option while installing logger.

When i try to recreate the logger service account via service manager received the following  error
" A local group cannot have another cross domain local group as a member".

Please see attached 2nd screen shot.

Please can you share your thoughts on where I'm going wrong ? what i configured wrong ?

Many Thanks,
Naresh

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by david.macias about 6 years 9 months ago

If that's the only error you're getting just ignore it, you can download the support tools node individually and install it later.  Heck, if you're not running a support tools server, you will not need it.

david

Correct Answer by david.macias about 6 years 9 months ago

Your lab can't be a sprawler and DC at the same time.  Move your domain controller to another machine and attached your sprawler to it and run setup again.  If you look at the error, it's trying to create an account in a local group.  DCs do not have local groups.

david

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
david.macias Wed, 02/17/2010 - 06:08

Your lab can't be a sprawler and DC at the same time.  Move your domain controller to another machine and attached your sprawler to it and run setup again.  If you look at the error, it's trying to create an account in a local group.  DCs do not have local groups.

david

m.naresh23 Fri, 02/19/2010 - 10:32

Hi David,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I moved the domain controller to a different PC and installed ICM components. It worked.

I can have agents to login. So installation successful.thanks for your timely help!!!

I'm installing the Webview component on the same sprawler. I followed the webview installation procedure during installing AW i.e. only check webview first then create HDS db using icmdba utility and then re- run AW setup and check webview and HDS this time. Installed 3rd party software tools without any warnings or errors. But when I run icm setup to install Webview , installs begins goes smoothly but it is just about finish i'm receiving the following

An errror occured during support tools agent node installation.
Setup finished with error. Please refer to c:\temp\icmsetup.logfile for details..
In the icmsetup.logfile it says "
Installing support tools node..
An error occured during support Tools node agent installation - error code - 2147213312
An error occured during support Tools node agent installation "
Can you please advise what i'm doing wrong this time ?? Any logs where i can find some information about the error ?
Thanks in advance.
Have a great weekend.
Naresh
Correct Answer
david.macias Fri, 02/19/2010 - 11:22

If that's the only error you're getting just ignore it, you can download the support tools node individually and install it later.  Heck, if you're not running a support tools server, you will not need it.

david

m.naresh23 Mon, 02/22/2010 - 08:16

Hi David,

I just ignored the error and completed the installaton.Brilliant , it worked and can log into webview and run reports.

Thanks a lot for your help!

Just for info, from where i can downlaod these support node tools ? I couldn't find it on cisco site using the same keywords.

Naresh

david.macias Mon, 02/22/2010 - 08:48

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Model.x?mdfid=279154008&mdfLevel=Software%20Family&treeName=Voice%20and%20Unified%20Communications&modelName=Cisco%20Support%20Tools&treeMdfId=278875240

Voice and Unified Communications > Cisco Support Tools

Glad to hear it's working, again if you don't have a support tools server, the node will be useless.  If you're running a lab, I recommend you stick with troubleshooting with the command prompt.

david

Actions

This Discussion