cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

When FXO port is called from PSTN, Cisco phone continues to ring

melinda.clancy
Level 1
Level 1

I have a 2 - 2 port FXO modules.  On one of these I have two lines from PSTN.  Both ports are configured the same (as far as I can tell), port 1/0/1 works fine, but port 1/0/0, when a call is received continues to ring even though the user (Cisco phone) has answered.  The caller continues to hear ringback, but the user can faintly hear the caller talk.  I have switched the connection from the PSTN and the problem stays on that port.  So I know it is not the line cord, jack, or problem with the business line from the PSTN.

Any idea?  Please let me know.

Thank You,

Melinda

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Melinda,

This is refered to as "Answer Supervision" here is a doc that details this feature

FXO Answer and Disconnect Supervision

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t2/feature/guide/ft_ansds.html

Sometimes is simple shut/no shut on the port can alleviate this problem.

Hope this helps!
Rob

Rob,

Thanks for the reply!

I did read up on this before posting the question and thought I understood that it was either Battery Reversal or Answer/Disconnect Supervison needed to be set.  Both ports (working and not working) are set to Battery Reversal.  Since the port that is working is set to Battery Reversal, I didn't think that was the problem.  Do you think I should change the port that is not working to Answer Supervision and if it works, I will be confused?

Also, I have done the shut/no shut on the port.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,

Melinda

Rob,

I just changed the port from Battery to Answer Supervision and had the same result.

I thought about reseeding the FXO module?

Please let me know.

Thanks,

Melinda

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: