Agent Desktop's agent state toggles between "ready" and "reserved

Unanswered Question
Feb 17th, 2010

Hello and thanks for all of your past help.  I have a user whos'e Agent Desktop's agent state toggles between "ready" and "reserved when no calls are coming in to he IP Phone 7941 or 7961.  Can anyone help?

Thanks, Chet

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Nathan Luk Wed, 02/17/2010 - 18:05

Hi Chet,

Some more info on your environment would help. UCCE? UCCX? Desktop logs? If it's UCCE I'd suspect that you don't have all the labels created for their device target so when they go Ready, UCCE is trying to route a call to them and reserving them but is unable to route the call to them due to there being no label to route the call so it then runs it's agent selection criteria and finds that same agent as the LAA and the cycle continues.

daljeetsingh1_2 Thu, 02/18/2010 - 04:11

Very valid points which Nathan just pointed, just to cross check if agents desktop only toggels between Ready to Reserved or some other states as well? If ready to reserved than what Nathan said could hold true else if some other states too then could be there are network issues as i have seen such issues the past where agent states changing from Ready to not ready and at times reserved which we later found that there were network issues.

red73mustang Thu, 02/18/2010 - 08:01

Thanks for your replys Gentlemen, we are using UCCX.

Some more input from user, He stated that when a call comes into the queue and is abandoned after 1 ring only that his Agent desktop will go into reserved mode and when he attempts to go back to ready mode it freezes up requiring him to kill the prog and log back into the Agent.

Thanks again, Chet

Abdulbaseer Mohammed Thu, 02/18/2010 - 10:07

Seems like call is being offered but the timeout is so quick the call is being abandoned and agent goes in reserve mode.

Check agent settings or have the another agent login with same skills and see if the call gets offered.  One more option is to use another desktop with same agent if the earlier holds true.

Good luck,

Nathan Luk Thu, 02/18/2010 - 14:46

Is the agent's phone actually ringing at all? If not I suspect the IP IVR ports are unable to call the agent. UCCX tries to send a call to the agent so it sends the reserve event to the agent and then tries to send the call to the agent but is failing so it cancels the event flicking the agent back into ready. Perhaps check to make sure that the ports have an appropriate calling search space to call the agent extension. Maybe configure a phone the same as the IVR port and check to see if you can call the agent extension?

Marcus.McCutchen Wed, 03/03/2010 - 10:28

I would also check the call forwarding settings on the agents phone.  If they are logged in and thier phone is forwarded it will also cause this problem.

I have expierienced this particular issue before and the solution was to remove the call forwarding off the agents phone.

This Discussion