cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IGMP SNOOPING QUERIER Question

john.wright
Level 3
Level 3

Can someone please explain how this address became our igmp snooping querier?

sh ip igmp snooping querier
Vlan      IP Address               IGMP Version   Port
-------------------------------------------------------------
1         10.49.4.100              v3            Gi8/0/47

I never intentially set a querier yet this is the address that comes up when I do the show command.

This device happens to be a firewall connected to our switch stack. It is not a cisco asa or router. it is a windows server.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

john.wright@kaobrands.com

I never intentially set a querier yet this is the address that comes up when I do the show command.

This device happens to be a firewall connected to our switch stack. It is not a cisco asa or router. it is a windows server.

John

All that is saying is that the switch has detected an IGMP querier on that interface ie. it is seeing IGMP queries arriving on that port. So it looks like the windows server is sending IGMP queries. If it is you don't need to configure this on the switch, the switch will automatically detect it.

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

john.wright@kaobrands.com

John

All that is saying is that the switch has detected an IGMP querier on that interface ie. it is seeing IGMP queries arriving on that port. So it looks like the windows server is sending IGMP queries. If it is you don't need to configure this on the switch, the switch will automatically detect it.

Jon

Thanks much Jon

That's what I need to know.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card