cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

External Paging UC500 - Need Direction

jcarter
Level 4
Level 4

We have a Bogen model lu35wamp amplifier.  We want to use it for external paging.  I have no idea what needs to be hooked up to where.  I looked at the external paging documention.  It does not really do much for me.  Could someone save me on this one?  I need to know how to physically connect it and how to configure it in the software.

Thanks to anyone that can help.

4 Replies 4

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

I looked up some information on this hardware, and you might need more hardware for this to work.  I am going to PM you think link to the documentation because I am not sure I can post the link here.

But what I have found...

There is a Control terminal.  The Tel and Com inputs must be connected for the page to be played out.  On the Tel Bal terminal, that is where the audio comes from.  Check your PM for the document.  I think it might give you a bit more information.  I am not sure this will work without more hardware.

Thanks for your always helpful responses.

I think you may be right about the extra piece.  The extra hardware is where you plug the phone wires to the FXS port from what I gather.

David Trad
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi There,

Havent played with those particular devices, but by the looks of it you might require an IAD or in-line power to get things going.

I will look into this a little more.

Cheers,

David.

Cheers, David Trad. **When you rate a persons post, you are indicating a thank you or that it helped, but at the same time you are also helping to maintain the community spirit - You don't have to rate posts and you wont be looked down upon :) *