cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CER - Shared Line on IP Phone and Analog Phone

Tom Dillon
Level 4
Level 4

Hi, I have a customer that has CER 7.1 and CUCM 7.1.  They have a few sites that have analog phones with the same directory number as several IP phones (7960).

The IP phones are discovered correctly on CER via the configured switch port and have the correct ERL associated.

The analog phone with the shared line is behind either ATA186 or VG248.

I have configured the analog phones on CER using the "Manually Configured Phones".

I expected to see the manually configured phones listed on the Unlocated Phones menu.  But, I didn't expect to see the IP phones  with the shared directory number listed on the unallocated page.

The Unlocated Phones page lists both the IP Phones and the Manually Configured Phone with the correct Effective ERL.

I suspect this is how CER complains that a Manually Configured Phone has the same directory number as a discovered IP Phone.

I would like to have the Unlocated Phones page only list the Manually Configured Phones and phones that have not been discovered by CER. 

Does anyone know if this is working properly?  I mean, should CER list the discovered phones on the Unlocated phones page with the same directory number as a Manually Configured Phone?

Thanks,

Tom.

2 Replies 2

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

it may be confused.  Move the unlocated IP phone to the correct Zone and it will then keep it there.   CER may have some rule built in to say that if it finds the same number on (2) different devices in different subnets, it will leave them unlocated until the admin moves them.  Im not sure though.

But it is save to relocate this to ERL zone

Hi Tommer, thanks for the reply.  The IP Phone does have the correct Effective ERL via Switch Port Configuration, but it is still listed on the Unlocated Phones page.

If I assign the same correct ERL to each IP Phone on the Unlisted Phones page, the IP Phones remain on the list, but now have an Assigned and Effective ERL.

I am thinking I do not want to assign the ERL from the Unlocated web page.  I believe this overrides the Effective ERL and if the IP Phone is moved, then it could end up with the wrong ERL.

I will upload a screen shot with one of the shared lines that I updated the ERL for each phone on the Unlocated web page.  Also, the ERL Debug tool does show each phone having the correct ERL.

Thanks again for the reply,

Tom.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: