Views
Helpful
Replies

Simple smart call home setup for my cat 6500

carl_townshend
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi

I would like to set up a simple smart call home on my cat 6500 to inform me of any hardware issues, or ports going down etc.

Can anyone paste an example of there script on here that I can copy, with a description of what it does.

Many thanks

Carl

3 Replies 3

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

I would like to set up a simple smart call home on my cat 6500 to inform me of any hardware issues, or ports going down etc.

Can anyone paste an example of there script on here that I can copy, with a description of what it does.

Many thanks

Carl

Hi Carl,

To achive this the  best way is to have syslog server configured and send all the trap messages to syslog server and from syslog intergarte that with smtp server to send mail to following receipent on the basis of messages.

Hope to Help

Ganesh.H

Hi there

I would like to use the smart call home as we dont have a good monitoring station for this, Do you have a template for the smart call home ?

Hi there

I would like to use the smart call home as we dont have a good monitoring station for this, Do you have a template for the smart call home ?

Hi,

Check out the below link hope to help !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst6500/ios/12.2SX/configuration/guide/callhome.html

Ganesh.H

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: