Helpful
Replies

Configuring skype sip on CME

carloszzz27
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

Thanks in advance,

I need to integrate skype with Callmananger express ... i cannot find a procedure on cisco.com ..can somebody help me with information??

Thanks

Carlos

11 Replies 11

david-lima
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all, I'm looking for the same configuration steps, but in this case I have a CUCM70. Does anyone has implemented this solution or know if this is compatible, please let us know.

Best regards

David

I'm also looking for anyone that has skype

SIP connection working with CUCM 7.1

Here you go: my colleague wrote this blog.  Different clients, same fundamentals.  This is all you likely need:

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/sip-endpoints-in-cisco-communications-manager-call-manager-express-x-lite.html?blogger=William+Bell

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

P.S. Check out all of our UC blogs there as well.

Took a while however I got it working.

Thanks - the Skype for SIP stuff is really interesting.

Stonevoice (now Imagicle) do a Skype gateway product for Cisco products that you may find interesting. I think long term the Skype for SIP product may be a better bet.

http://www.imagicle.com/Products/AudioVideoSkypegateway/SkyStone/tabid/231/Default.aspx

Hi all, does any one make it work with a CUCM solition?

is it possible?

Thanks for your answer

David

David,

If you follow Michael's blog (HTLuo) above for the basics of the Skype setup then this should give you the rest:

http://www.netcraftsmen.net/resources/blogs/sip-endpoints-in-cisco-cucm-acrobits-softphone-and-weephone-for-iphone.html?blogger=David+Hailey

Hailey

Hi David, thanks a lot for the link. Just this question please. To make calls go trhough Skype SIP, I need SIP (third-party) IP Phones registered in my CUCM7 right? What about If I want to make calls using my SCCP IP Phones, is it possible with an external gateway (like the link in the above post)??

Thanks a lot David again

All the best

David

To be honest, I haven't really looked too much at the actual Skype for SIP product.  But, in the cursory view I gave it - I realize it is actually a SIP trunking solution with essentially Skype as a service provider.  Now, there may be a bit more in detail to it than that but at it's base level - it's a SIP trunk.  At a high-level, making calls thru a SIP trunk doesn't require any special type of phone.  So, you don't need to configure a 3rd-party SIP client in CUCM just to make calls across a SIP trunk.  The link I sent you is for how to get a SIP client device to work with CUCM (and a CME example posted earlier in the thread).  So, if you wanted to say use your iPhone with a SIP client you installed on it as a phone registered to the CUCM...you can do that and all you need to know is the info in the link I provided.  However, it sounds as if you are more interested in using SIP trunks...so to answer your questions regarding making calls using SCCP IP phones over a SIP trunk, you can definitely do this.  Each implementation varies but in most Cisco CUCM deployments you're going to have a voice gateway/CUBE (Unified Border Element) solution and then an appropriate number of SIP trunks based on your carrier, their capabilities, capacity, contractual agreement, and so forth.

Hailey

Hi David, thanks a lot for your comments, I'm trying to configure the CUCM7 with the SKype for SIP with no result. I search in Cisco a configuration guide but I think that is not supported yet.

If someone knows how to make it work, please share the experience.

Thanks again David

Best regards

David

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: