Views
Helpful
Replies

FAX with International Divert

markbatts
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have two callmanager clusters one running 4.2 and one running 6.1. We have been asked to forward two numbers (one on each cluster) which are currently analogue ports on a vg224 connected to a standard fax to an international fax server.

When we introduce the divert it stops the faxing from working.You here the tone (divert is working) but the faxes fail to send.

Faxing from the standalone fax machine in each cluster to the international number works and faxing into each cluster to the standalone fax works.

It seems that the "hairpin" of looping the fax back out is breaking it.

I have tried using a translation pattern and also call forward all off an analogue port on the VG224.Neither seems to work.

Has anyone tried this or have any tips on how to get it to work.

cheers Mark

1 Reply 1

I think what you need is a CTI Route Point that is set to CallFwdAll to the external number.  And that CTI Route Point needs a Media Resource Group List that includes has Media Termination Point configured and available.  I beleive the MTP is the key to getting this working.  Let me know how this turns out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: