cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco unity v7.0 starnge problem - unable to take the message at this time.

Hi there

we upgraded from v4 to v7. everything seems to be working fine internally. however, when someone calls from outside(PSTN) and is transfered to the unity, unity will play the prompt to leave the message and immideately it will say that the system is unable to take the message at this time. please call after some time.

Also can anybody send me the copy of the power shell script that unity generates for exchange 2007.

5 Replies 5

That sounds like an issue with the Exchange mail store or with that user's mailbox.  Users can leave messages when they call internally.  Double-check that the message is actually delivered.  I've seen a case where users left a message, but the message was placed in the caller's Draft messages folder within Outlook rather than the recipent's Inbox.  That required a Exchange/Unity reboot to correct.

hi

thanks for the reply.

Internal mails are actually delivered to the exchange the users do receive the mails. this happens with all the users.

all the users cant recevie the external calls and the systems goes back to the failsafe message. I do think this issue related to the mailstore.

does anybody have any info on this?

also can you give me the exchaneg 2K7 script created by unity?

Hi Mohammed,

The script is created when you run the message store wizard, so you kan re run that and the wizard will tell to you that you must run the script on the exchange server.

Gabriel.

Also check if the accounts USbms_ and the Unity_ are created in the Active Directory, and granted with all the permissions, maybe you could re run the permission wizard also.

emorivera2526
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've had a similar error in the past due to an outage on the Exchange server.  I was seeing errors in Event Viewer saying that the mail store could not be contacted as well as hearing the message in the subject.  After working with TAC on this, it came down to the MAPI connector becoming out of sync with the Exchange server.  In order to resolve this, we had to delete the MAPI registry key while logged in to the unitymsgstoresvc account.  Here's the link that was sent to me (it is for a much earlier version, but steps are the same)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a00800949dc.shtml#topic2-3

Hope this helps.

Emilio