Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5510 configuration problems

mattduley
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am trying to setup my ASA 5510 out of the box.

I have it connected via the management port to a laptop.

I have defined the laptop ethernet connection as a static IP address of 192.168.1.3.

If I launch the IE browser and navigate to 192.168.1.1, I am able to launch the ASDM via the Java applet.  However, if instead I tried to use the desktop icon for the ASDM launcher, and plug in 192.168.1.1, the Java console reports that the connection is refused and the launcher fails.

I am using:

ASDM 5.0(8)

ASA v7.0(8)

Browser is IE 6.0

ASDM Launcher v1.5(20)

OS is Windows XP 5.1

I also updated the version of Java on the laptop to use jre_6u18_windows_i586.exe (build 1.6.0_18_b07).

Also, the device currently does not have access to the internet, so any attempt by the ASDM launcher will not work.

If I use the browser to launch ASDM and configure the device with a host and domain name, save and close, then try to use the desktop ASDM launcher and plug in my settings, the launcher does not recognize the values.

On a similar note, a co-worker is also configuring a new ASA 5510, and in his case the ASDM launcher will only bring up Demo Mode (the check box is not selected).  Via the CLI he verified that his device has the 3DES/AES license.  Any ideas on that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Gatling_uk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matt,

The latest stable version of Java I have found for ASDM use is jre-6u7.

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u7/index.html

Uninstall 6u18 and give that a try.

Chris

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Gatling_uk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Matt,

The latest stable version of Java I have found for ASDM use is jre-6u7.

http://java.sun.com/products/archive/j2se/6u7/index.html

Uninstall 6u18 and give that a try.

Chris

Thanks for the tip, it worked!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: