cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

help restoring default registers in the 0x2xxx range

mloopsmloops
Level 1
Level 1

i recently accidentally changed my configuration register to 0xfe3f on a cisco 831 router and reset it, i thought this would help on refreshing the flash since i had previously lost my IOS from flash and all available images i have on other c831 routers are larger than my available memory.

I tried the break function (ctrl+space bar) but all i got was more of jumbledup output on my hyper terminal screen.

MäñôÙ4Á¼a{ˆ puhæ pý$áûaâø\

please help me with this its really important to me thta i get it resolved

2 Replies 2

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

i recently accidentally changed my configuration register to 0xfe3f on a cisco 831 router and reset it, i thought this would help on refreshing the flash since i had previously lost my IOS from flash and all available images i have on other c831 routers are larger than my available memory.

I tried the break function (ctrl+space bar) but all i got was more of jumbledup output on my hyper terminal screen.

MäñôÙ4Á¼a{ˆ puhæ pý$áûaâø\

please help me with this its really important to me thta i get it resolved

Hi,

Check out the below link for recovery method in cisco routers series 800.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps380/products_password_recovery09186a00800942bc.shtml

HTH

If helpful do rate the post

Ganesh.H

Thankyou ganeshh for your response, am going to check it out and i will let you know how it goes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: