CCX 7.0 HA question

Unanswered Question
Feb 18th, 2010

I do have a CCX 7.0 cluster with HA license. SRND and other documentation says that when Master failover ocurr  all ACD, IVR, and desktop services will failover within 5 seconds.

I was doing lab testing and forcing master to fail to see what happen and how many time failover takes, and found that an agent (one) logged in takes almost 2 minutes to be completly operational again.

Is this normal? or  there may be something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help

Regards

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Tanner Ezell Thu, 02/18/2010 - 07:30

The 5 seconds you're referring to is in regards to the secondary's ability to handle calls after 5 seconds.

For CAD the timeout can be much longer, however in my experience the failover for agents tends to happen in about 15 seconds.

daljeetsingh1_2 Fri, 02/19/2010 - 02:38

Hi,

How you are failing over from one server to other? by shutting engine? or by shutting node manager?

Generally CAD fails over in less than 10 seconds(also depends on the network).

2 Minutes which you have quoted are too high for failover that too in lab setup, Failover here means when you stop/restart the services on one server other server shall take it up in 5 seconds and it in practical scenario it takes between 5 to max 15 secs for IVR ports to take up the calls and so as CAD.

Thanks,

Daljeet

Actions

This Discussion