Tomcat internal error - http status 500

Unanswered Question
Feb 18th, 2010

Hello All,

Re: CUCM BE 7.1 single server setup

I am getting http status 500 error when I select Navigation > Cisco Unity Connection Administration with the following description: The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fullfilling this request

and the following first few lines of exception:

javax.servlet.ServletException: com.cisco.unity.datatools.DataException: unable to get authentication transfer object
     org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java:516)
     org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:423)
     org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:226)
     org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1164)
     org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doGet(ActionServlet.java:397)
     javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:617)

When I select any of the options within Unity Connection I get 'Not Authorized' message.

I noticed this after I had made a change to the IP address in the Application Server configuration and have reverted back to original settings still with the same error. I would appriciate any assistance anyone can give. Please let me know more info is required.

Regards,

Ric

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Average Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
Tommer Catlin Thu, 02/18/2010 - 09:01

your best bet is to restart the server.  You could also go into the CLI and restart the tomcat services manually and see if this works.

Im trying to recall where the application server configuration is.    If you changed the IP of the box, that is different.  There is a process to do this.  If it was not followed, then there could be issues.

I assume CUCM is working correctly?

ricardo1831 Thu, 02/18/2010 - 09:16

I have rebooted the server and also tried restarting the tomcat services via CLI to no avail.

Application Server configuration is under System. (Application Server Type - Cisco Unity Connection, configured as servername.localdomain)

I have not changed the IP address of the server, IP address is what was configured initially. CUCM is working fine but some of the voicemail setups on the phones have defaulted.

At the moment the system is not in production network and is being configured for installation at a later date.

Tommer Catlin Thu, 02/18/2010 - 09:23

So you can log into the CUC server side.

If you are saying all the voicemail accounts went to default, there is probably a DB problem in CUC.   I had a CUCMBE go haywire on me and we could not recover it.  It was in the earlier release of 7.0.  7.1 seems to much better.

As an alternative, you could try a small upgrade on the box to latest release.  Sometimes it will clean out orphins in the DB and clean up things that are broken I have found.

ricardo1831 Thu, 02/18/2010 - 09:34

Thanks for the reply...

Not all the Voicemails have defaulted - only one or two (baring in mind I only have 5 phones connected right now). Can still leave voicemail on the other 3 phones and are retrievable, MWI working etc. I can't create any new mail boxes though and the relationship between the existing DN's, where VM works, and Unity has failed - on these extensions instead of getting the option to "edit voicemail users" it wants to "create new voicemail user".

As this is still work in progress I would happily start the whole configuration again from scratch rather than go down the upgrade route if this can be done? Current version is 7.1(2).

Suggestions appriciated.

Ric

Tommer Catlin Thu, 02/18/2010 - 09:42

Its a tough call.  You can call TAC, probably sit on the phone for awhile with them trying to figure out the needle in the haystack.  Most likely its DB related buried where we cant get to it.

You could reload, that would be mean starting over from scratch with BE.

Try the upgrade to 7.1.3.  Id recommend this route.

It looks like a couple of those users are broken in the DB and the user page when you click on it is coming up with the tomcat error.  You could try and pull up the Bulk tool down below and try to delete those users.  Or if you are using AXL, go into CUCM, delete the users from CUCM and maybe it will sync over to CUC depending how bad its broken or not.

Also, try flushing out your IE.  CUC likes to remember the last person your searched in the box on users.  It will stay there forever it seems like, even if you log out/ log in.  So if the broken user was the last user you searched on, maybe thats the tomcat error.

For a quick test to.. create a call handler (if you can) and try to link the owner of the call handler to a user.  Can Unity pull up subscribers that way?

ricardo1831 Thu, 02/18/2010 - 12:05

Thanks again for the info tcatlinins, i will try your suggestions when I'm back in front of the kit tomorrow and let you know how i get on.

rgds

ricardo1831 Fri, 02/19/2010 - 09:22

Tcat, thanks for the suggestions. The issue was definitely DB related - where the application server name had been changed it screwed up the relationship between CCM and unity. A result of that was getting the http 500 internal server error when going into unity app and also the phone configuration for DN's were not able to access the records on unity, hence the default setup options.

I have rebuilt the server as this appears to be the only way of resolving the issue, or a lengthy call to Cisco. Lesson: do NOT change the application server details unless you know exactly what the outcome will be. Defintely a lesson learn't.

thanks again for your time an suggestions.

Ric

Actions

Login or Register to take actions

This Discussion

Posted February 18, 2010 at 8:57 AM
Stats:
Replies:7 Avg. Rating:4
Views:3905 Votes:0
Shares:0

Related Content

Discussions Leaderboard

Rank Username Points
1 5,903
2 2,958
3 2,203
4 1,882
5 1,756