Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

System Administered Speed Dial in CUCM7

I am running CUCM 7.1. Our management would like to populate a Speed Dial button on each phone that rings our security desk. I can easily use the Bulk Admin tool to push a Speed Dial to each phone. However, these users will be able to change or remove this using their CCMUser web page access. Does anybody have any thoughts about how to provide a speed dial or equivalent on a 7960 phone that allows for a single press dial to a number and can be labeled? I haven't seen a way to add a new softkey to the softkey templates.

Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could create a line on the second button.  When it goes off-hook, it auto dials the security number. (its only option).   I believe you have to configure PLAR for this.

We use something similar on new phone setups.  Basically, when a new phone is taken out of the box, it auto registers with a range that auto dials the helpdesk or Unity callhandler with instructions on what to do.

Thanks. That's a thought. I'm looking for whatever would be the easiest to configure for 800 phones. Doing a PLAR would mean that I would need to change the phone template for every device to add an additional line, and then I would need to configure the PLAR on each.

I also thought about using a Busy Lamp Field Speed Dial. That creates a speed dial that a user cannot administer using the CCMUser web page. I would just set it up to not provide presence notification. Here again, I would need to modify the phone template of every device to include one BLF line. Maybe I'll just go with using a standard Speed Dial with communication that users are not to remove it.

Yes, the BLF would work, but you have to BAT that in from CSV.... well anything you do you will have to do this with BAT to add that second button.

How about a sticker on each phone that says what number to dial?      I know Cisco HQ did this for awhile.. may still not sure.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: