cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

video conferencing with cuva 7942

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

Is there something on the 7942 that needs to be configured to have video conferencing? I'm not getting the conference. The camera is working but the video doesn't start when a call is placed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The config is the same.  A few things though...

You need to make sure that the version of IP Communicator works with that version of CUVA.  I believe you also need to make sure CUVA is setup to work with IP Communicator.

On the phones, you should see a little video camera icon in the lower right corner of the display.  Right above the softkeys.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Are you calling another local phone with a CUVA?  What phone is that?

You need the following to make this work...

config t

ephone 1 (or the ephone that you are using)

video

telephony-service

video

service phone videoCapability 1

no create cnf

create cnf

ephone 1

restart

Do that for both phones you are using.

The other phone is CIPC. Is the config the same for it's ephone?

The config is the same.  A few things though...

You need to make sure that the version of IP Communicator works with that version of CUVA.  I believe you also need to make sure CUVA is setup to work with IP Communicator.

On the phones, you should see a little video camera icon in the lower right corner of the display.  Right above the softkeys.

Steven,

Thank you. Turned out I needed to turn the camera on once the conversation was going under settings of the video screan. I have checked under the video >camera on, for some reason it didn't stay on once a call was initiated. I had this working fine at one point.... things changed? I don't recall needing any CLI before. No matter, as long as it's working.

Thanks once again.

Stephanie

Hi everyone,

I have CUCM 7.1.5 and we are trying to make video conferencing with CUVA and 7942g phones. CUVA works fine with 2 users, but when I'm trying to make ad hoc conference or meet me conference the video disappears. On CUCM I have configured Conference Bridge recourses, transcoding and media resources group with list, same thing on a router too. Can somebody please instruct me what do I'm missing here?

Thanks