cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

video conferencing with cuva 7942

SHeidemann
Level 3
Level 3

Is there something on the 7942 that needs to be configured to have video conferencing? I'm not getting the conference. The camera is working but the video doesn't start when a call is placed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The config is the same.  A few things though...

You need to make sure that the version of IP Communicator works with that version of CUVA.  I believe you also need to make sure CUVA is setup to work with IP Communicator.

On the phones, you should see a little video camera icon in the lower right corner of the display.  Right above the softkeys.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Steven Smith
Level 7
Level 7

Are you calling another local phone with a CUVA?  What phone is that?

You need the following to make this work...

config t

ephone 1 (or the ephone that you are using)

video

telephony-service

video

service phone videoCapability 1

no create cnf

create cnf

ephone 1

restart

Do that for both phones you are using.

The other phone is CIPC. Is the config the same for it's ephone?

The config is the same.  A few things though...

You need to make sure that the version of IP Communicator works with that version of CUVA.  I believe you also need to make sure CUVA is setup to work with IP Communicator.

On the phones, you should see a little video camera icon in the lower right corner of the display.  Right above the softkeys.

Steven,

Thank you. Turned out I needed to turn the camera on once the conversation was going under settings of the video screan. I have checked under the video >camera on, for some reason it didn't stay on once a call was initiated. I had this working fine at one point.... things changed? I don't recall needing any CLI before. No matter, as long as it's working.

Thanks once again.

Stephanie

Hi everyone,

I have CUCM 7.1.5 and we are trying to make video conferencing with CUVA and 7942g phones. CUVA works fine with 2 users, but when I'm trying to make ad hoc conference or meet me conference the video disappears. On CUCM I have configured Conference Bridge recourses, transcoding and media resources group with list, same thing on a router too. Can somebody please instruct me what do I'm missing here?

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: