cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPE 2.1.1.2 Outlook plugin download link disappeared

luisrolocq
Level 1
Level 1

Running MPE 2.1.1.2 from a recent upgrade, all is working fine but we just notice that the link to download the outlook Plug-In is not at bottom of the page anymore, after checking Cisco MPE documentation I have verified the following in the administration page:

1- in Licenses summary I have exchange licence enabled and installed ( yes in both )

2 - In Customize Interface, customize outlook plug-in Download, I have show with a check mark for Attend and Schedule

Still the icon is not displayed, any help will be greatly appreciated.

A last thing, I noticed that this  note is displayed at the bottom of the attend and schedule screen,

[ServletException in:/includes/common/footerLanguage.jsp] null'

Not sure if that has something to do with the problem but i assume it does, since this 2 pages are the ones that suppose to have the link to download

Thanks

Luis R Cabrera

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello Luis,

As far as getting the replacement files you need to call TAC and have them walk you through the process to recover them. I know there is a directory on the server with a copy of the uncorrupted files but I do not remember the path to that directory. I think Cisco saves an extra copy of those files there because they have found this happens from time to time. If that does not work then atleast you will have them on the phone at that time to help you resolve the issue in other ways.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Charlie Mayes
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Luis,

I just finished with the same upgrade last week. 3 questions?? How many MPE Servers do you have? If you have more than one did you upgrade both the internal and external? If you upgraded both did you reboot both? I suggest you reboot both all servers only after trying to reboot the Tomcat service to see if that solves your problem. I hope you performed a back before your upgrade. One more thing Call TAC to insure the files that are needed to make the Outlook pluging link work has not been corrupted on the server/servers. You may need to replace them if they are corrupted or deleted. If you need to replce them down the WINSCP program which is free. This way once you get the files you can copy them from your desktop to your server's directory. I had to do all of this. Good Luck!!!

Hi Ike

Thanks for your replay, yes i have rebooted both servers, I will try to overwrite the file just to see if that resolves the issue, do you know the location from where I can download the Plug-In? I love WINSCP, if I can get the file I will just overwrite it using that application.

Luis

Hello Luis,

As far as getting the replacement files you need to call TAC and have them walk you through the process to recover them. I know there is a directory on the server with a copy of the uncorrupted files but I do not remember the path to that directory. I think Cisco saves an extra copy of those files there because they have found this happens from time to time. If that does not work then atleast you will have them on the phone at that time to help you resolve the issue in other ways.

Hi Ike

I was bale to find a copy of the file I just need the location now, well TAC sure will help me on that, I opened a case and I'm just waiting for their answer, thanks again for your replays.

Luis

No Problem Luis. I am just trying to help. Good Luck!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: