Multiple domains for ucce

Unanswered Question
Feb 18th, 2010

Hi

Can we have Pg's on an sub domain and Rogger's on another domain/OU,both the domain part of the same Root domains.The requirment goes like this Progger A in Florida Progger B in Virgina,both in the same domain.Pg's for ccm(UK) part of the UK domain.US and UK domains are the sub domains of the main domain,no problem with the trusting as informed by the customerDo we need to create an OU for UK domain and add the Pg's in there.Can i avoid  connecting the PG's to the domain and bypass it and just configure it on the Progger's well that will simplify a lot off things?

Thanks in advance

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Edward Umansky Wed, 02/24/2010 - 16:50

According to the ICM staging guide, UCCE is only supported in a single domain. UCCH supports CICM instances in a separate child domains from the parent instance. An approach you should consider is building an isolated domain just for UCCE, that tends to simplify things a lot.

Edward Umansky Thu, 02/25/2010 - 06:54

Aside from the NTP time source, when installing any ICM component or running ICMSetup, you do need access to your Cisco_Root domain in order to authenticate your user as a Setup user and for access to your instance information. If the trusts are setup as you say then it's possible this will work fine, but I don't have direct experience with that, perhaps others on this forum could comment on any experience with this. Also it is possible A2Q might push back on that if they get wind of it.

ktang Thu, 02/25/2010 - 01:35

Hi

I agree with Geoff. There are certainly circumstances were it is problematic to have PGs placed in the same domain as the UCCE. For example if one of the contact centres hanging off your UCCE is outsouced to a 3rd party, you may even have multiple firewalls inbetween the PGs and the core severs. As long as the correct IP connectivity between the PG site and Progger and you can sync the time then it should be fine.

Regards

ganeshraghuram Thu, 02/25/2010 - 06:44

Thanks Geoff and Ed well that answers my question then.Thanks for your help like always.

Actions

This Discussion