cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Publisher cannot be verified by a trusted source - 870

petervanscherpe
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to routers and I am trying to configure the model 870W using the SDM but, I am receiving the following error message: "Publisher cannot be verified by a trusted source".  I am running Windows XP pro with sp3 and JAVA 6 18.  The SDM disk from cisco is version 2.1.1.  can some one please help me get this fixed.

Thank you,

Peter

7 Replies 7

Jerry Ye
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SSL certificate cannot be verify with any trusted CA servers (public CA server). This can be ignore and you should be able to proceed to the SDM interface by accepting the certificate.

HTH,

jerry

Hellow Jerry,

If I ignore the message and select OK I get the following:

ES Startup Error

Application ES has not been granted with the necessary privileges in  order to startup successfully, or another unknown error occurred during startup. Please close all involved browser windows and try again by granting all  requested privileges.

I do not know how to give it the permission it needs.  I have also attached the error message.

I've noticed that in the newer browsers, you have to your router's IP address. What browser are you using?

jerry

Both Firefox 3.6, and I.E. 8.06 are giving me the same problem.  Jerry I cannot make out your message regarding the new browsers would you please prepost what I may have to do.

I mean in the older browser, like IE 6.0, you can simplily click OK to accept self-signed-certificate every time to enter site without a valid SSL certificate.

In Firefox 3.5 (I am not running 3.6), you can do Tool->Options->Encryption->View Certificates->Servers->Add Exception. Under Server/Location, put https://x.x.x.x then Get Certificate then click on Permanently store this exception, then Confirm Security Exception.

In IE8, you follow the steps on the following link

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/681695/what-do-i-need-to-do-to-get-ie8-to-accept-a-self-signed-certificate

HTH,

jerry

Thank you for your detailed instruction on adding an excetion in FireFox.  When I try to add an exception for the default location 10.10.10.1 I receive the following message:  "This site provides valid, verified identification.  There is no need to add an exception".  When I get this message the option to add the exception is greyed out.

Below is the message that I receive when SDM starts its setup... it is the detail that accompanies the initial message of 'The publisher cannot be verified by a trusted source.  Code will be will be treated as unsigned.

Name:  Com.cisco.nm.util.sgz.loader

sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path validation failed: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: algorithm check failed: MD2withRSA is disabled

at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doValidate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.doValidate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.validator.PKIXValidator.engineValidate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.validator.Validator.validate(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.deploy.security.TrustDecider.isAllPermissionGranted(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.getPermissions(Unknown Source)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.getProtectionDomain(Unknown Source)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.defineClassHelper(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.access$300(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader$2.run(Unknown Source)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.findClassHelper(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Applet2ClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2ClassLoader.loadCode(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager.createApplet(Unknown Source)

at sun.plugin2.applet.Plugin2Manager$AppletExecutionRunnable.run(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.security.cert.CertPathValidatorException: algorithm check failed: MD2withRSA is disabled

at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXMasterCertPathValidator.validate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXCertPathValidator.doValidate(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.provider.certpath.PKIXCertPathValidator.engineValidate(Unknown Source)

at java.security.cert.CertPathValidator.validate(Unknown Source)

... 27 more

Try a different Java version. I know Java 1.5 works.

HTH,

jerry

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco