cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replacing a Publisher hardware on CUCM 6.1.4

Shannon Sutter
Level 1
Level 1

I've been told, if I replace our current Pub with new hardware, I will have to rebuild both subscribers. Is this correct?

We have currently one Publisher and two subscribers.

I have built a new Publisher on new hardware with the same CUCM version, migrated licenses and MAC and restored the backup database. When I tested the new Pub live, I came across database replication issues, the Pub couldn't see the two Subs or viceversa.

Is there any workaround or a fix, to replace the Pub without having to rebuild the subscribers.

Let me know if you have any info,

Thanks,

Zeek

5 Replies 5

Hi,

Have you check in Publisher, having the node license installed. Is it showing node license 3 in license reports.

Regards,

Rakesh

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As long as you follow the right procedure there shouldn't be any problem:

Replacing a Single Server or Cluster for Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 6.1(1)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/6_1_1/cluster/clstr611.html

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Zeek,

Sadly, the ability to replace the Publisher Node without

reinstalling the Subscriber Nodes was not introduced until

CUCM 7.1(2) or 7.1(3) Here is the related info for your

version;

Replacing the Publisher Node

Complete the following tasks to replace the Cisco Unified Communications Manager publisher server. If you are replacing a single server that is not part of a cluster, follow this procedure to replace your server.
Caution If you are replacing a publisher node in a cluster, you must also reinstall all the subscriber nodes and dedicated TFTP servers in the cluster, after replacing the publisher node.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/install/6_1_1/cluster/clstr611.html#wp87717

Cheers!

Rob

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can try all the dbreplication tools from the CLI, but by the time those get done running and rebooting a node here and there, its just easier to rebuild the subscriber I have found.  Its only about 1-2 hours of time per subscriber to bring it back to normally operation in the cluster.

Shannon Sutter
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks,

I guess I will have to dedicate a night to replace the publisher and rebuild both subscribers.

Thanks for the help.

Zeek

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: