cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WLC 3.2.171.6 upgrade to 5 or 6

jwinters99
Level 1
Level 1

I have 3 WLC running 3.2.171.6 code that I need to upgrade to a newer code to support the 802.11N aps that have been purchased.  I have moved all of my aps off of one of my controllers so they will not be bouncing up and down while the upgrades are taking place.    My question is this.  I know I need to go to 4.0.206.0 and then to 4.2.61.0 and then to 5.0.148.0 and then to 5.2.xxx.  Can I just upgrade the controllers from start to finish and then move my aps back over to the controller so they can upgrade just one time or do I need to increment them along with the WLC upgrades from release to release to release?

If I can do the aps in just one step that would save a lot of time.  I would like to just upgrade them one time and the controllers as needed per the docs.

If anyone has done this please let me know.

1 Reply 1

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please refrain from making multiple posts of the same topic.  It really confuses everyone (including you).

Kindly refer to my response: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3022310#3022310

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card