NAC3310-500-K9 Licensing issue

Unanswered Question
Feb 19th, 2010
User Badges:

Dear Sir,

I have completed the registration of  the following Cisco nac server:

Appliance: NAC3310-500-K9, NAC Appliance  3310 Server -max 500 users

I have already added the manager license and i am able to get access to the web console.
I received a license file from the licensing  team but when adding the license for the server from the manager web console, the following error appears:
An error  occurred while adding the license file. Licensed MAC Address does not match.  CCA-OB-SERVER feature failed validation.

An error occurred while adding the license file. Duplicate CCA-OB-SERVER feature.  

Seems that the file is not  corresponding, BUT i am able to ping the server from the manager, i am not able to ping the manager from the server cli.

Is the license file bad or is it a configuration problem ?

Please Help

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
tom.k.regan Tue, 03/02/2010 - 08:46
User Badges:

Hi,

Did you receive any resolution to this query? I have experienced a similiar issue when adding a CAS license to the CAM with an error message of

"An error occurred while adding the license file. Licensed MAC Address does not  match. CCA-OB-SERVER-FO feature failed validation"

All connectivity between the CAM and the CAS is ok.

Rgds..

jedubois Tue, 03/02/2010 - 12:15
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hello,

All NAC licenses are supposed to be generated using the CAM eth0 MAC Address.

You will see this error if the MAC of the License does not match the CAM MAC.

Most of the time we see the license generated with the CAS MAC when this error

is seen.  If this is the case open a service request with licensing and have them

re-issue the license to the correct MAC Address.

If you see Duplicate OOB Feature then that license is most likely already installed.

--Jesse

tom.k.regan Wed, 03/03/2010 - 01:31
User Badges:

Thank you Jesse. That is exactly what I did. I created the servers license with the CAS MAC instead of the CAM MAC.

Thanks for your help.

Actions

This Discussion