Views
Helpful
Replies

Disconnection problem with WAP4410N

SamEarth86
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everybody,

I have a problem with my Linksys Wap4410n regarding some disconnections...

I configured it with wpa 2 personal password, access point, b/g/n mixed...

So a normal access point configuration and it works well when I use the default firmware (1.0.12).

After updating and/or resetting & updating with all higher firmware (2.0.0.5 / 2.0.0.12 / 2.0.1.0), sometimes it losts the connection.

So I have to turn off the airport (I'm currently using a macbook and an iphone) in both cases and turn it on.

I don't want this problem is due to an incompatibility with the apple's airport or whatever...

Giovanni

38 Replies 38

xandie6
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

i have the same Problem.

I have a Cisco RVS400 Router >> SGE2000P Switch >> WAP4410N W Lan AP.

i hope for a good idear!

thx

xandie

Hello,

I have the same issue with WAP 4410N... users facing too much disturbance i tried many times to reconfigure with different configurations... but still having this problem... WAP 4410N goes offline and do not forward traffic....

I have updated it to latest version 2.0.7.8

Please suggest some resolution so to get rid of this...

Thanks,

Junaid

amoebamusic
Level 1
Level 1

check out this long thread on that issue:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3109882#3109882

After hours of testing and configuring I can say it’s not the same issue as discussed in the link above. I have the same problem as mentioned at the beginning.

Our set-up: We have Mac clients and Cisco networking equipment. We would like to use the WAP4410 (2.0.2.1) as our access point.  However, 10-20 minutes after connecting to the access point, the connection doesn’t work anymore. It happens randomly and not only during large file transfers. It also happens when I’m not even using the computer. After disabling and enabling the wireless interface on the client I get back the connection (for the next 10-20 minutes).

I not only tried to change all different settings on the access point (channel, encryption mode, ssid, channel bandwidth, ...) but I also changed settings on the Mac (disable IPv6) but it’s still not working. Of course I also tried older firmwares.

It’s really annoying.

Thanks for your help.

dsearles
Level 1
Level 1

I am also having the same problems with our WAP4410N.  Our phone base is mostly iPhones, but we have a few Android phones running around and the Android phones have the most problems.  In particular it is the Droid X, and HTC Hero's that seem to fail on a regular basis.  Every once in a while, the phones will connect solid for a couple of hours, and then will go into the reconnection loop.

I've tried all of the suggestions: Force the 100m LAN, all sorts of key renewal times, forcing G only mode, etc, etc.  The iPhones don't seem to have a problem staying connected, we even have a few Motorola Droid 1's that work fine, and are fairly bomb proof.

We also have some Belkin wireless routers, and with identical settings, ALL the phones and Laptops connect fine, on that router.

Has anyone came up with a better solution short of the voodoo and hinky di di being mentioned in the forums?  Or should I look for a new router?

-Not Happy In Oregon-

jmtaveras
Level 1
Level 1

i have the same problem wih 2 of my units, i managed to get them stable by setting them to b/g disabling the N. im on a call with cisco now trying to figure this crap out since its been a year from this initial report and they havent found a fix for it.

I just received beta firmware 2.0.5.2 which has corrected my issue. I have about 15 of these units some of them almost daily will drop all wireless clients until it is rebooted. This Beta seems to have fixed my issue. If anyone would like to contact me you can send and email to mikesitservices@atlanticbb.net to discuss.

Well Unfortunalty after 2 days of being flawless all of my clients once again dropped off. Reboot fixed it. I have now setup a ssh script using plink to reboot these units everyday at 6:00am before office hours to eliminate all of my support calls I get. Oh boy I really wish Cisco could isolate the issue I am really beginning to lose faith.

changed some settings the dhcp lease time on my routers to 7 days (168 hrs). This is the lease time for clients. The AP is set to a static IP address I also changed all of my SSID’s which were in all uppercase letters to all lowercase letters. So far they have not dropped out. But as soon as I hit reply I’m sure something will happen

Update Unfortunatly this firmware still has not corrected the dropp off issue. I have replaced all of my units with the new cisco SB AP model WAP321 this unit has been flawless so far. I have been running them for about a month now with no problems to report.

Hi,

We are using 4 devices and as per my observation, this device is having prblem when we use mix mode (B/G/N)

and the clients are also mixed, like some clients are using old laptops which supports 802.11B, Some laptops

are 802.11G and the new laptop users are using 802.11N mode.

At the time of problem, only 802.11N clients (laptops) are disconnected, remaining old laptops which are using

802.11B & G mode are working as usual.

I have also tested the latest firmware 2.0.5.3 on this AP but no result. Still same issue.

Now waiting for Cisco Support to come back with some proper solution.

i have the same problem

jmtaveras
Level 1
Level 1

i got my device rma'd not dealing with this crap anymore. The support rep said that it might be a bad batch, since two of my devices are only one letter appart from the serial number.  I have downgraded and upgraded, it works for 1 day then all devices start to drop.

My support case was solved by having my units replaced with the new model WAP121. They replaced them free of charge. I now have 10 WAP121's in production and also have 10 WAP321's in production. They are not having any problems. Having your units RMA'd will not solve your problem I had all 12 of my units RMA'd and they all did the same thing. Replace them now and save yourself the headache believe me I had enough headaches for all of us.

Same problem. Why doesn't Cisco discontinue this product. It's just so un reliable.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: