cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5520 Ver 8

fsebera
Level 4
Level 4

I have an Cisco ASA 5520 running version 8.x, when viewing real-time logging set to debugging level, traffic passing through the firewall is NOT displayed. I clear all traffic filters by selecting show all but still no traffic is displayed in the real-time logging window.

I can see the traffic on the next hop device and this verifies traffic is passing through the firewall.

Is there a problem with the logging feature on the ASA 5520 running OS ver 8 or is CEF preventing the display from showing real-time traffic?

I realize I could just look at the next hop to determine if traffic is flowing through the firewall, but sometimes specific traffic is blocked by the ACL rule sets on the firewall and I need to see this action in real-time.

Tks

Frank

2 Replies 2

Hi,

It sounds you're trying to look at the logs from ASDM.

What if you look at the logs from the CLI? show log

Do you see the messages from CLI?

Also, verify where are you sending logs to... buffer, syslog server, console, etc.

Federico.

Thanks, yes the CLI displays the real-time traffic once I enabled logging to console level debuging..

It appears the ASDM only displays real-time messages at 30 second intervals.

Tks

Frank

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card