Views
Helpful
Replies

Adding new vlan to exixiting FWSm

khader1977
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

We need to add  a new vlan and allow this to FWSM I have checked that there is no option for add in the firewall vlan-group command. I want to know if typed the command with existing vlan and the new vlan does it cause any isussues to the running environment.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

khader1977 wrote:

Hi All,

We need to add  a new vlan and allow this to FWSM I have checked that there is no option for add in the firewall vlan-group command. I want to know if typed the command with existing vlan and the new vlan does it cause any isussues to the running environment.

No it won't cause any issues to the running environment but obviously if the vlan you add had any devices on it then they could be affected. You don't need to type out the full list again either. So if you had

firewall vlan-group 1 10,12,15

and you want to add vlan 30 then just type

firewall vlan-group 1 30

this will simply add vlan 30 to the existing list ie. it won't overwrite what is already there.

Jon

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

khader1977 wrote:

Hi All,

No it won't cause any issues to the running environment but obviously if the vlan you add had any devices on it then they could be affected. You don't need to type out the full list again either. So if you had

firewall vlan-group 1 10,12,15

and you want to add vlan 30 then just type

firewall vlan-group 1 30

this will simply add vlan 30 to the existing list ie. it won't overwrite what is already there.

Jon

Hi Jon,

Thanks for the reply it worked

thanku very much

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card