Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO 1760 router and ADSL connection Problem

khurramkhalid
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have a CISCO 1760 Router at my office with 4 MB ADSL connection. Currently no one in my office has access to this router except me, everyone else is using internet on the other conenction that terminates on my ISA server.

Problem # 1

The router shows too many NAT translation. All I am using is my outlook to conenct to my exchange server( that is at my HO in some other city) and few websites. Can anyone help me with this that why there are soo many NAT translations going on. I am worried if I allow my 50 users to use this connection then what would happen with all these NAT translations I think the Router would crash under soo many translations.

Problem # 2

We are facing electricty problem in our area so we have arranged for UPS and Generators but as soon as the power is shifted from the main line to the UPS internet stops working while the router is still running and the itnerfaces are up

I cant understand how to resolve these two problems. Kindly help me in resolving them

Thanks

15 Replies 15

Arup Dutta
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

You can use ur ADSL connection with NAT but should defferent subnet.

Regards,

Arup

Hi Arup

My Adsl connection has /28 subnet mask and my internal IP scheme has /8 subnet mask

Hi,

can u send me show run text.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 10:50 AM, khurramkhalid <

Shall i post it here??

I have just erased all the settings of my router by erasing the startup config file now when

my router restarts it hangs when it reaches the follwing promt

--- System Configuration Dialog ---
Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog? [yes/no]:

I erased the nvram by

enable

erase nvram:
Erasing the nvram filesystem will remove all configuration files! Continue? [confirm]

reload
System configuration has been modified. Save? [yes/no]: yes
Proceed with reload? [confirm]

hi,

please enter NO

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:52 AM, khurramkhalid <

then all configure will erased.be sure

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 11:52 AM, khurramkhalid <

Hi Arup

So now all the configuration is deleted but I cannot understand why does my router hangs when it reaches the follwoing promt :

--- System Configuration Dialog ---
Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog? [yes/no]:

I cannot press yes or no

what to do now? If i press Control+break to access rom monitor it also does not accept my
command and decompresses the image and come to inital configuration promt and then hangs there

Thanks

Hi,

Don't get worry.if you need to erase all config details then write

Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog? yes/no:yes

if not.....write

Would you like to enter the initial configuration dialog? yes/no:no

this dialog box is coming because cisco need your authentication

Regards,

Arup

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:20 PM, khurramkhalid <

HI Arup

Yes i know what I have to do once I get to the inital configuration prompt but ROUTER HANGS there and I cannot type anything

Hi,

do reboot again and switch on the router after 30 sec.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:32 PM, khurramkhalid <

and check your console is working or not

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:32 PM, khurramkhalid <

Arup

I have rebooted my router many times and yes the console is working as I can see my router decompressing the iso image.

I have noted the following errors do you know how to resolve them

Network_confg

cisconet.conf

router-confg

ciscortr.cfg

Router says that these files are missing how to put them back on my router when I cant even access the rom monitor

Hi,

just u remove you flash memory and also RAM and reinsert it properly .if

not working send me error details.

On Mon, Feb 22, 2010 at 12:41 PM, khurramkhalid <

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: