cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SPA phoneset pickup problem

nelson-wong
Level 1
Level 1

We have a customer that installed SPA9000/SPA400 with SPA921 and SPA901 phoneset, and found there are some problem on call pickup issue;

1) Failure pickup to camp-on call

As per request, we have program all hunting lines ring to one extension (i.e. receptionist). When the receptionish is talking one CO line, the other incoming call will keep ringing to that phoneset (i.e. camp-on). The customer reported that other extensions could not pickup this camp-on call at this time of period, and the receptionist has to answer this camp-on call by her phoneset!!

2) Failure pickup by SPA901

We checked that the system may provide code for call pickup (*36) and tested it by SPA921 working fine, but it got failure on SPA901 phoneset. Is there any parameter setting need to be enable; on system side or phoneset?

9 Replies 9

Alberto Montilla
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear sir;

Please see below.

nelson-wong wrote:

We have a customer that installed SPA9000/SPA400 with SPA921 and SPA901 phoneset, and found there are some problem on call pickup issue;

1) Failure pickup to camp-on call

As per request, we have program all hunting lines ring to one extension (i.e. receptionist). When the receptionish is talking one CO line, the other incoming call will keep ringing to that phoneset (i.e. camp-on). The customer reported that other extensions could not pickup this camp-on call at this time of period, and the receptionist has to answer this camp-on call by her phoneset!!

[Alberto] Which firmware are you running on the SPA9000 and phones? This should work, i.e. if you press the call pickup button you should be able to see all call in ringing state of the receptionist. If the receptionist has already answered the call, then you should use the park/unpark feature (this is a pbx, not a key system)

2) Failure pickup by SPA901

We checked that the system may provide code for call pickup (*36) and tested it by SPA921 working fine, but it got failure on SPA901 phoneset. Is there any parameter setting need to be enable; on system side or phoneset?

[Alberto] Can you please check the firmware version of the device, and also if you could please provide the .html page (in admin advanced mode) so that I can check the settings.

Regards
Alberto

Hi,

We use with Setup Wizard (ver.2.1.0.0) as well as WebUI for system programming; the firmware version for SPA921 should be 5.1.8 and SPA901should be 5.1.5. The firmware version for SPA9000 is 6.1.5 and SPA400 is 1.1.2.2.

1) I guess the system did not recognized camp-on call as "ringing" state so that it could not be display on group pick-up list.

2) We will get back to you with html page for your reference. Is there any parameter to enable call pick-up function?

This is my first time to install with SPA901 phoneset. Is that any setting by default or operations supported different from other SPA phone? Thanks for your support.

Dear Sir;

I double checked, and SPA901 does not support call pickup. As it does not have a display, call pickup cannot be managed properly (there could be more than one call ringing, so the phone will not be able to pickup the right one).

I noted also there is an error in the datasheet. I'll instruct the product team to correct it.

Regards;
Alberto

We would like to clarify that SPA901 does not support call pick-up; you mean it does not support group call pick-up, or even direct call pickup? I am wondering if it could not support direct call pick-up as it may not request to operate with display!!

How about the other issue; pick-up call on camp-on extension? Thanks for your support.

Dear Sir;

SPA901 does not provide any support for call pickup. We need display as there may be multiple calls ringing to one line, then the SPA901 user would need to select it (via display) which is not available.

On the second topic, I would need to see traces from the phone that tries the pickup as well as the phone which is ringing. This should work (assuming it is not real camp-on but just call waiting on ringing state).

Regards
Alberto

Hi,

Any update according to pickup call on camp-on (i.e. call waiting enabled) phoneset?

Dear Sir;

Do you have the traces to check it?

Regards
Alberto

I have tried this on customer site as well as my testing system. What "trace" that you want to get? Syslog?? SPA9000, SPA400 or phoneset???

nelson-wong
Level 1
Level 1

As per request, attached with SPA901 WebUI config file for your reference. Is that any update for pick-up call on camp-on extension issue? Any person got similar problems, or anything get wrong on my setting?

Thanks for your support!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: