Posting the SessionID in CAD when agent places an outbound call

Unanswered Question
Feb 21st, 2010

I have created a script that shows the session id for all inbound calls. I am wondering if there's a way to show the session ID when an agent places a non-ACD call?

I am using UCCX.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anthony Holloway Wed, 03/03/2010 - 20:08

Inbound Contacts are given Session IDs.  So if there is not inbound contact, there is no Session ID.

Not to mention, if there is no inbound ACD call, there is no Enterprise Data.

Sorry, but this is not possible.

May I ask why you want this?

lenapostol Thu, 03/04/2010 - 01:24

Our customer needs the session ID for their call tracking (both inbound and outbound).

Thank you.

Anthony Holloway Thu, 03/04/2010 - 20:24

How do they use the SessionID for inbound calls?

They could dip into the DB on the ContactCallDetail table.

lenapostol Thu, 03/04/2010 - 21:01

I have used the Set Enterprise to display the session ID, but for outbound calls, I cannot display it.

They have an existing system that displays the call ID (session ID for Cisco) for both inbound and outbound. They just want to see the session ID on the Agent Desktop.

I have instructed them to use the database for their Call Tracking system, but still they want to display the session id on CAD.

I have read from different forums that this is not possible, but I was wondering if there is a document that I can use to prove that and I can show it to them.

Thank you so much!

Tanner Ezell Thu, 03/04/2010 - 20:34

This may not be what your looking for (and if so please ignore) but I uploaded this document I created a while back describing how to pass the SessionID (in decimal format so to be compatible with reporting) via CAD and enterprise call control variables.

Anthony Holloway Fri, 03/05/2010 - 10:03

Great document you have put together Tanner.  But why didn't you just use the Identfier property of the Session object?  I realize that it gives you a different value and format.  Just curious.

• Identifier—The unique identifier of the session as reported in CCDR.

This Discussion