Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.3.0 config fetch problem

csireg000
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've a problem with a newly installed LMS 3.2 (running RME 4.3.0). I've several 3750E switches with identical configuration (I mean IOS ver., SSH ver., same location, same interconnection to LAN, etc.).

One switch gives me the following problem:

1.  PRIMARY STARTUP Feb 05 2010 10:07:25 Could not detect SSH protocols running on the device Failed to fetch config using RCP.Verify RCP is enabled or not. PRIMARY-STARTUP config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 172.16.34.24 - Cause: connect timed out. 
2.  PRIMARY RUNNING Feb 05 2010 10:09:02 Could not detect SSH protocols running on the device Failed to fetch config using RCP.Verify RCP is enabled or not. PRIMARY-RUNNING config Fetch Operation failed for TFTP. TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 172.16.34.24 - Cause: connect timed out. 
3.  VLAN RUNNING Feb 05 2010 10:09:55 Could not detect SSH protocols running on the device VLAN Config fetch is not supported using RCP. VLAN Config fetch is not supported using TFTP. TELNET: Failed to establish TELNET connection to 172.16.34.24 - Cause: connect timed out.

IOS: C3750E-UNIVERSALK9-M 12.2(50)SE3

SSH Enabled - version 1.99

With the credentials given at the device management I can login from Ciscoworks server to the device with putty (via ssh).

I've already tried to use SSH ver 1 only or ver 2 only but it didn't help.

In RME the config transport settings is selected for SSH and TFTP.

Please help me!

Regards,

Gabor

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Telnet to this switch on port 22.  What about do you get?

SSH-1.99-Cisco-1.25

Okay, that's what you should see.  The date on these errors is from three weeks ago.  If you go to RME > Config Mgmt > Archive Mgmt > Sync Archive, and create a new job to fetch this switch's config, what error do you get now?

Something else to try is to go to RME > Admin > Config Mgmt > Transport Settings, and make sure SSH is the first (and perhaps only) transport protocol for config fetch.  This will rule out potential filters in the network which may be treating multiple access requests as an attack.

I've got some interesting news. This morning as I checked what you suggested, I saw that all the errors are gone.

I checked the device configuration and the VLAN file is saved correctly and I didn't do anything I swear.

However when the error was actual and I've started a Sync archive process, the result was the same. I've tried it many times without success.

At the transport setting I've selected ssh and tftp in this order. (see attached screen)

ps.: It just came into my mind, that yesterday I've upgraded RME 4.3.0 to 4.3.1. Maybe it changed something, which was good for my case.

Anyway thanks for your help, I hope I'll not have any problems later.