Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 4.2.0 AAA-server-IP-address changing to 169.254.x.x

mmisonne
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I have ACS 4.2.0.124.15   installed on a windows server 2008.

In the configuration menu : network config > AAA server , the AAA-server-IP-address change to 169.254.x.x each time I disconnect the  ethernet interface of the server.

Allthough, the ip adresse in my network connection of the windows-Lan-connection is set to static.

Whe I reconnect the ethernet interface of the server, it stays in 169.154.x.x.  And I need to reconfigure the real static adresse each time.

Do you knows this problem. Is it a way to avoid it ?

Michel Misonne

1 Reply 1

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello,

I have ACS 4.2.0.124.15   installed on a windows server 2008.

In the configuration menu : network config > AAA server , the AAA-server-IP-address change to 169.254.x.x each time I disconnect the ethernet interface of the server.

Allthough, the ip adresse in my network connection of the windows-Lan-connection is set to static.

Whe I reconnect the ethernet interface of the server, it stays in 169.154.x.x.  And I need to reconfigure the real static adresse each time.

Do you knows this problem. Is it a way to avoid it ?

Michel Misonne

Hi Michel,

It was issue in ACS 1113 SE Appliance and clear solution for the above is mentioned in the below link

http://www.ciscosystems.com/en/US/products/sw/secursw/ps2086/products_tech_note09186a00808d9199.shtml#stat

HTH

Ganesh.H