Views
Helpful
Replies

catalyst 3560 Gig port

jamelataher
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i have a catalyst 3560 48 port switch with (4) sfp ports ,am trying to connect the Gig port of this switch with another cisco swtch 2960 over a distance of 1000m (two seprate buildings using SM fiber cable) ,first i make a loopback on the same port locally ,but it was not succesful ,what seems to be the problem? ,if you can advise about the module type compatible with my switch ?

appreciate any suggestions

thanks in advance for your help

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi

i have a catalyst 3560 48 port switch with (4) sfp ports ,am trying to connect the Gig port of this switch with another cisco swtch 2960 over a distance of 1000m (two seprate buildings using SM fiber cable) ,first i make a loopback on the same port locally ,but it was not succesful ,what seems to be the problem? ,if you can advise about the module type compatible with my switch ?

Hi,

For connecting over a distance of 1000m between the switches 3560 and 2960 switches check for the transreciever GLC-LH-SM which can support

1000BASE-LX/LH SFP transceiver module for MMF and SMF, 1300-nm wavelength.

Check out the below link on the same Hope that help !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7200/install_and_upgrade/gbic_sfp_modules_install/5067g.html

Ganesh.H

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

jamelataher wrote:

hi

Jamila

See this doc which lists all the gigabit transceivers that can be used with the 3560 -

Gigabit ethernet transceivers

Jon

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

hi

Hi,

For connecting over a distance of 1000m between the switches 3560 and 2960 switches check for the transreciever GLC-LH-SM which can support

1000BASE-LX/LH SFP transceiver module for MMF and SMF, 1300-nm wavelength.

Check out the below link on the same Hope that help !!

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7200/install_and_upgrade/gbic_sfp_modules_install/5067g.html

Ganesh.H

jamelataher
Level 1
Level 1

dear  jon   & Ganesh.H

thanks a lot for assisting me ,i dont have the type that is compatible with my switch ,i have orderd it and will try again when i receive it ,

hope you all the best

jamela

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card