Cisco software advisor is not updated ?

Unanswered Question
Feb 22nd, 2010
User Badges:

According to following URL,
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk653/technologies_tech_note09186a008039c333.shtml

"NM-HDV2-2T1/E1" is avilable for Cisco3725 on IOS 12.3(7)T or more.

However, I use "Cisco software advisor" and I tryed to search NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 with Cisco3725 ,
then there is no result.

Does anyone know why cisco software advisor has no result through there is cisco public documentation on the internet ?

Cisco software advisor is not updated ?

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
mimeyer Mon, 02/22/2010 - 14:21
User Badges:

Hi, Shouichi --

If something you are looking for does not seem to be available, please use the Feedback link --- in the upper right corner of the Cisco Software Advisor page -- to make a request.

Regards,

Michael

momeara Thu, 03/04/2010 - 07:42
User Badges:

With regard to routers my experience has shown that Software Advisor isn't kept up to date and the feedback generates no action.  TAC has never recommended the same version that SA does.  If I could, I would use SA rather than open a TAC case to get the latest good IOS level for my devices, but it appears SA is not kept as up to date as whatever TAC is using to determine the correct IOS.

Janel Kratky Fri, 03/26/2010 - 11:55
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi,

We appreciate your insight and experience with the Cisco Software Advisor and TAC. Unfortunately, we don't own the Cisco Software Advisor and would recommend that you submit feedback using the link in the upper right corner. I submitted your comments using the feedback link as well.

Regards,

Janel

momeara Fri, 03/26/2010 - 12:31
User Badges:

Cisco (you) knows about the problem and the customer shouldn't have to make multiple contacts to resolve/report a problem like this.  Even if this product isn't "owned" by you or your department, it's the responsibility of all employees to service the customer. Since the Software Advisor is out of date or incorrect I will no longer use it, and I won't spend any more of my company's time to help Cisco with this issue.

Janel Kratky Fri, 03/26/2010 - 12:36
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi,

We certainly do appreciate your time and effort letting us know about the issue with the Cisco Software Advisor. I completely agree with you and your frustration. I've submitted your feedback to the Cisco Software Advisor team with hopes they can retify this issue.

Thanks,

Janel

vsaketha Fri, 04/02/2010 - 10:25
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hello Shouichi,

Im from the Software Advisor team. Thank you for your feedback and we regret any inconvenience. We are working towards adding support for NM-HDV2-2T1/E1 to 3700 series routers (3725 and 3745). This should be complete in a few days. Please try accessing Software Advisor again in a few days and let me know if you still see any issues.

Thanks,

Vaishnavhi

momeara Fri, 04/02/2010 - 10:30
User Badges:

I don't need to use it since I've already completed my updates. I have other devices, like routers and switches, I was trying to update as well and every time I checked, the version recommended by the SA tool was not as current as that available from the Download Software link.

Mike

Mike O'Meara

Network Services Group

Express Services, Inc.

9701 N. Boardwalk Blvd.

Oklahoma City, OK 73162

405-840-5000

This email (including all attachments) may include material that is the confidential information of Express Services, Inc., and is provided for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, copying or distribution of this email or the information contained within it by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact me immediately and delete all copies of this email (and all attachments).

Actions

This Discussion