cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

no changeto context command in custom role

rcullum
Level 1
Level 1

If I create a custom admin role, even though role shows a rule permitting changeto, I can't actually use changeto context command. Only works with default roles. Is this as expected behaviour for custom roles. even if same custom role is creaetd in each context?

4 Replies 4

Sean Merrow
Level 4
Level 4

Hello,

This was not possible on earlier code releases, but was added as an enhancement beginning with the following software releases:

ACE Module:   A2(1.3)

ACE 4710:      A3(2.2)

Hopefully you are running software prior to those two releases so you can resolve your issue with an upgrade.  If you are already running software at those releases or later, then you may have hit a bug.

Hope this helps,

Sean

This is an ACE module vA2(2.3) code, so should be unaffected.

Hi,

I just want to make sure I'm clear on what you're doing.  I'm a little confused with the part of your statement "even if same custom role is creaetd in each context?".

Keep in mind that the changeto command will only be allowed if you logged in as an user with admin privileges in the Admin context.  Below is taken from the command reference:

Only users authorized in the admin context can use the changeto command to navigate between the various contexts. Context administrators, who have access to multiple contexts, must explicitly log in to the other contexts to which they have access.

Are you saying that you are logging into the Admin context as a user that is a member of a custom admin role?  If you are logging into the Admin context, then you should be able to use the changeto command.  If you are logging in as an admin role in a user context, then you cannot use this command.

Thanks,

Sean

Hi Sean

I was trying to create a new Admin Role in the Admin context. If I use the command 'rule 1 pemit create' and then show role 'my new admin role', it seems to indicate I have changeto available in that role, but it doesn't work. I assumed that the same role would also have to exist in the other contexts for the changeto to work.

Its no big deal, we will use the default Admin Role instead. Thanks for your guidance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: