cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meet Me Conf Bridge

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

When I press the Meet Me Softkey and enter the meet me number configuration I get a busy signal. It has been a while since this was tested and activated. What would cause the busy signal, is there something more that needs to be configured?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Checking the regions is good advice but I would also check the dialplan if I were you.  I have found that many people break Meet-Me lines by adding a directory number that conflicts with the MML range.  The CUCM does not (or at least did not) validate whether you were overlapping with the MML range or not.  As an example, assume that your DID range is 5XXX  (that is 5000 to 5999) and from this block, you allocated 510X for Meet Me Lines (that is 5100 to 5109).  If somebody accidently created a phone with Directory Number 5100 and this Directory Number was visible from the same CSS as the MML patterns, your MML would essentially kick back a busy.

Of course, I did read in your thread that you tried to dial the intended MML from the PSTN which would suggest maybe an overlap like the one I describe may not exist.  Though it still could be a problem if the phone who is initiating the CSS has a different set of partitions (and patterns) than the PSTN or if the overlapping pattern is configured on something that isn't registered or able to handle the direct call.  Meaning, just testing from the PSTN is not in and of itself definitive proof.

So, to check the dial plan, do two things.  First, go to Call Routing>Route Plan Report and search for the MML (use the exact pattern) that you are trying to open.  See if that pattern exists anywhere in your dial plan.  If you find an overlap, remove it and test.  If you don't, then use DNA to analyze a call to the MML number from your test phone.  In CUCM 6x/7x DNA is available from the Serviceability pages under Tools>Dialed Number Analyzer.  From this tool you can analyze a call from a specific IP phone and IP phone line.  Just search for your phone and select the line.  Then enter the Directory Number of the MML (exact digits) and then look at the analysis.  See if there is an overlap with another digit pattern that uses masks.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

I think the most likely cause is no available conference bridge resource in the media resources group list.  If I remember correctly, 7940/60 series and up can handle 3 person conferences with onboard resources, and since most conferences are 3-party, your users may not even know that there are no confernce resources available up until now.

Chris

There is a conf bridge configuration in the media resource group.

When you press the Meet Me softkey and get the two short beeps to enter the dn,  you get a busy signal after you enter the dn assigned for the Meet Me Number Configuration. This makes me think something else needs to be done or there is something wrong with what is set up!

If someone already started the meet-me just dial the DN, don't press meet-me softkey

Try restarting the IPVMS

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I restarted the service and still get a busy signal. If you call in from the outside to the DID Number you get a busy signal so there is something not configured correctly~!

Have you looked into codec issues??

HTH

java

HTH

java

What about the partition of the Meet Me dial pattern?  I imagine that CSS restrictions could cause this behaviour.

BTW, you mentioned dialing in from the PSTN.  To my knowledge, a PSTN call can never initiate a Meet Me conference.  It can join on in progress, if partition/CSS's line up, but not start a new one.

My knowledge of a Meet Me Conf bridge is that people can call into a DID Meet Me Number. Once they do that you press the Meet Me softkey and you have them all on the conf call. I do not understand about the CODEC referenced to this?

The partition in the Meet Me dial pattern is one that would allow calls.

Now, it's been a while since I played with MeetMe (as in back in CCM 4), but the way it did work is you configure the numbers (or block of numbers) that are set aside for MeetMe.  Any IP phone with the MeetMe softkey can 'open' up the Meet Me conference by pressing the Meet Me softkey and dialing one of the MeetMe DN's.  Once an IP phone does that, anyone (including PSTN callers) can dial the MeetMe DN and they are immediately included into the conference. The MeetMe conference stays up until all users (actually, it might be all internal, ie IP phone, users) hang up.  As long as the MeetMe conference is up, anyone who tries to 'open' the already open MeetMe conference would get a busy signal.  Perhaps this is what you are running into?

NO. An internal phone presses meet-me dials the DN and that activates the conference THEN, ANYONE that can reach the DN can join.

They way you think this works will get busy to everyone from PSTN and will only have the user that initiates the meet-me.

You start it, then join. Not viceversa.

Check regions for codec. You need G711.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Where do you Check regions for codec. You need G711.?

What screen is this on?

You would have to try to prevent G.711 from working.  The place to look is under the Device Pool for your phone and the Device Pool of the Conference Bridge Resource.  Determine what Device Pool each is in, then look under Device Pools under System.  This will tell you what Region each is in.  Once you have that, look under Region in System.  Click on the region of your phone and look under Region Relationships.  That will tell you the maximum codec allowed between the two regions.  If it is something other than G.711, and you do not have a transcoding resources, than that is a problem.  Software Conference Bridges by default require G.711 codec.

In the Region Configuration the Audio Codec is G.711 for the device pool of the phone I tried accessing the Meet Me from and the actual Meet Me Conf Bridge Configuration

Checking the regions is good advice but I would also check the dialplan if I were you.  I have found that many people break Meet-Me lines by adding a directory number that conflicts with the MML range.  The CUCM does not (or at least did not) validate whether you were overlapping with the MML range or not.  As an example, assume that your DID range is 5XXX  (that is 5000 to 5999) and from this block, you allocated 510X for Meet Me Lines (that is 5100 to 5109).  If somebody accidently created a phone with Directory Number 5100 and this Directory Number was visible from the same CSS as the MML patterns, your MML would essentially kick back a busy.

Of course, I did read in your thread that you tried to dial the intended MML from the PSTN which would suggest maybe an overlap like the one I describe may not exist.  Though it still could be a problem if the phone who is initiating the CSS has a different set of partitions (and patterns) than the PSTN or if the overlapping pattern is configured on something that isn't registered or able to handle the direct call.  Meaning, just testing from the PSTN is not in and of itself definitive proof.

So, to check the dial plan, do two things.  First, go to Call Routing>Route Plan Report and search for the MML (use the exact pattern) that you are trying to open.  See if that pattern exists anywhere in your dial plan.  If you find an overlap, remove it and test.  If you don't, then use DNA to analyze a call to the MML number from your test phone.  In CUCM 6x/7x DNA is available from the Serviceability pages under Tools>Dialed Number Analyzer.  From this tool you can analyze a call from a specific IP phone and IP phone line.  Just search for your phone and select the line.  Then enter the Directory Number of the MML (exact digits) and then look at the analysis.  See if there is an overlap with another digit pattern that uses masks.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: